To help our customers accelerate their testing and deployment of Windows 7, we are really pleased to announce an update to the ACT Connector for Configuration Manager. The Application Compatibility Toolkit Connector (ACT Connector) assists administrators with collecting the necessary computer and application compatibility information to help plan for a Windows deployment.
With this connector update, Administrators will be able to utilize valuable Application Compatibility information right from within the Configuration Manager console. The ACT Connector provides the following functionality within the Admin console:
- Inventories installed software applications and creates reports that will assist with determining which applications are Windows compatible.
- Retrieves device driver compatibility for installed devices and creates reports that will assist with determining which device drivers will need to be upgraded to support the Windows operating system.
The ACT Connector can be downloaded here.
Here are some additional resources:
- Configuration Manager Homepage
- Configuration Manager Techcenter
- Application Compatibility Toolkit documentationfor ConfigMgr
- ACT documentation on TechNet
Have a great weekend!