Two important product updates for Operations Manager customers: The Cumulative Update for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (localized for English, Japanese, Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish, and Korean) and Update rollup for Operations Manager 2007 SP1(all available localizations) are now generally available via the Microsoft Download Center. These updates provide a cumulative rollup of hot fixes covering:
- Support/Improvements for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Support/Improvements for SQL Server 2008 and SQL Reporting Services 2008.
- Customer, partner and additional fixes and improvements.
For full details of what’s included within each cumulative update, as well as links to the respective downloads, please refer to the following KB articles:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cumulative Update 1 Release Notes (KB974144)
- Update Rollup for System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 Release Notes (KB971541)
Not included in the cumulative update for Operations Manager 2007 R2 are the following updates:
- Interoperability Connectors Update: Delivering improvements to correct high-CPU and synchronization issues in the HP OVO connector, data population in the Remedy connector, and error returns from some Enterprise Management Service (EMS) API calls.
- Cross Platform Agent Update: Adding support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Solaris Zones (whole and sparse zones).
Customers are recommended to implement these cumulative updates at their earliest opportunity.
Note: The localized cumulative update for Operations Manager 2007 R2 in the remaining localizations [Chinese (Simplified and Taiwan) and Portuguese (Brazil)] will become available in the coming weeks, and can be downloaded via links on KB974144.