The System Center Operations Manager team is excited to announce the availability of the Release Candidate (RC) of Operations Manager 2007 R2, which is ready for you to download through Microsoft Connecttoday! Operations Manager 2007 R2 delivers key improvements including non-Microsoft system and workload monitoring, service level tracking, scalability and performance enhancements, and more!
Obtaining the Release Candidate
The Operations Manager 2007 R2 RC (build 7043) is available to everyone through Microsoft Connect today. The RC introduces new and updated documentation, as well
- For those who previously subscribed to the beta can find the new bits and documentation via their download page on Connect.
- Those new to the program can self-subscribe to the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Connect program.
Also, don’t forget to extend the capabilities of the Release Candidate with the following (available through Connect, unless noted otherwise):
- Operations Manager 2007 R2 Interoperability Connectors (Beta 2)which provide the ability to synchronize alerts and status between Operations Manager 2007 R2 and other management systems. Beta connectors for Tivoli Enterprise Console, HP OpenView Operations, and the new Universal Connector can be obtained from the Operations Manager R2 download on Connect.
- New Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack (MP) Beta, which provides enhancements over the current Exchange MP such as reducing alert noise and enhanced performance.
- New Service Level Dashboard (v2) Beta,delivering enhanced reporting on how IT services are mapping to service level objectives.
- BridgeWays MP Beta Program, providing beta MPs for MySQL, Apache, and Oracle running on Windows, Linux or Solaris. For more information, and to register into the BridgeWays MP Beta Program, visit http://www.bridgeways.ca/bw_management-pack-beta-program-signup_form.php
Compared to the beta release of Operations Manager 2007 R2, this Release Candidate offers a number of enhancements that include:
- New Power Management MP template (requires Windows Server 2008 R2 or Win7)
- Updated branding across all user Interfaces.
- Improved Run As Account Distribution Configuration.
- Ability to run inline tasks for non-Microsoft servers
- Support for upgrade from Beta deployments to the Release Candidate.
- New and updated documentation, including the Usage Guide, Design Guide, Deployment Guide, Upgrade Guide, Security Guide and Operations Guide.
For more information on Operations Manager 2007 R2, including links to collateral, information, and more, visit the Operations Manager page on TechNet. Also be sure to watch our webcast series (see below) on Operations Manager 2007 R2, and listen to Baelson Duque’s podcast on Operations Manager 2007 R2on opsmanjam.com
- Introducing Operations Manager 2007 R2 (Level 300)(on demand)
- Successfully Monitor UNIX and Linux Alongside Your Windows Infrastructure with Operations Manager 2007 R2 (Level 300) (on demand)
- Developing Custom Reports and Operational Dashboards with Operations Manager 2007 R2 (Level 400)(on demand)
- Monitoring .NET and Web Applications with System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (scheduled for 7thApril 2009 at 11:00am PT)
- Operations Manager 2007 R2 Deployment and Upgrade Best Practices(scheduled for 15th April 2009 at 10:00am PT)
Support for the Operations Manager 2007 R2 RC:
- For general questions on the Operations Manager 2007 R2 beta, please use the existing newsgroups at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb839593.aspx
- For questions relating to Cross Platform and the Interoperability Connectors, we are excited to launch the new forums available at:
- Cross Platform Monitoring – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=604&SiteID=17
- Interop Connectors – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=605&SiteID=17
- Feedback and issues can also be reported through our feedback form on Connect.
We look forward to your evaluating the Release Candidate, and hearing your feedback on Operations Manager 2007 R2!
System Center Operations Manager team