How to remove synced users from Cloud Side
Here are the steps to remove synced users from Cloud Side:
- Right-click your domain name in Active Directory Users and Computers, point to New, and then point to Organizational Unit.
- On the New Object – Organizational Unit page, type NoSyncOU, and then click OK. Move the Active Directory objects which you want to remove on Cloud to this organizational unit.
- Run: %programfiles%\Microsoft Online Directory Sync\SYNCBUS\UIShell\Miisclient.exe
- In the Identity Manager window, click the Management Agents button.
- In the Management Agents view, right-click SourceAD, and then click Properties.
- On the Properties page, select Configure Directory Partitions.
- On the Configure Directory Partitions properties page, select the domain partition in which the EmptyContainer organizational unit was created from the Select directory partitions field.
- On the Configure Directory Partitions properties page, find the Select containers for this partition setting, click on the Containers button.
- On the Credentials page, type the credentials for a user that has at least Read access to the selected directory partition. This credential is not saved.
- On the Select Containers page, deselect NoSyncOU by clearing the check mark in the box at the directory partition root level, and then click OK.
- Click on Configure Deprovisioning.
- Select Stage a delete on the object for the next export run, and then click OK.
- Open Regedit and browse to HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSOLCoExistence. Modify the FullSyncNeeded registry entry to a value of 1, and then click OK. This value will be reset to 0 after a full synchronization is completed.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Open %programfiles%\Microsoft Online Directory Sync.
- Run DirSyncConfigShell.psc1
- At the DirSync Config Shell prompt, type Start-OnlineCoexistenceSync, and then press ENTER.
- In the Identity Manager window, click the Operations button. Monitor the progress of the full synchronization until the export stage completes successfully. Once it is complete, verify that the Active Directory objects in NoSyncOU were removed from the Cloud.
- Microsoft Office 365 for enterprises
- Microsoft Office 365 for small businesses