In the last two weeks, 29 Windows 6 and Windows 7 related hot-fix KB articles were released. Below are the details:
Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008- 14 KB articles:
· 975889 An October 2009 update is available for the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008
· 975803 Earlier snapshots are deleted after you restore multiple copy-on-write snapshots in consecutive order in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008
· 973414 Isochronous data transfers fail when you attach a remote 1394A-compliant IEEE 1394 node to a Windows Vista-based or Windows Server 2008-based computer that does not support the IRM role
· 972887 Error message when multiple network adapters are configured to use static IP addresses on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 SP2 or Windows Vista SP2: "0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
· 973155 The getpeername function may return an incorrect IP address when the AcceptEx function accepts a new Winsock connection through an I/O completion port on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
· 974589 The Task Scheduler MMC snap-in stops responding when you view the history tab of a task that has more than 10,000 history events on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
· 974924 You cannot make a VPN connection even if you enter a correct PIN after you entered an incorrect PIN on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
· 975831 A non-persistent snapshot cleanup operation is aborted by VSS if the VSS hardware provider takes more than three minutes to perform this operation on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
· 975832 You cannot perform certain disk-related operations after a VSS hardware provider fails to create a snapshot on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
· 972595 You cannot log on to a computer or the system stops responding when user names and passwords are stored by the Stored User Names and Passwords feature on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
· 974971 Error message when you use the CryptAcquireContext function to request a handle to a third-party CSP on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008: "0x800b0100 (Invalid Signature)"
· 975943 Error code when an application uses the CredSSP if the authenticated user account is a member of many security groups on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008: "0x80090329"
· 976035 Update Rollup for the TCP Chimney Offload feature in Windows Server 2008 and in Windows Vista
· 975815 File corruption occurs under a stress situation when the CopyFileEx function is used to copy a file between two computers that are running Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista
Windows Server 2008 - 8 KB articles:
· 969371 Error message when you run a command at the Command Prompt window in Windows Server 2008 Server Core: "The specified service does not exist as an installed Service"
· 970402 A hotfix is available that enables certificate mapping by using the common name (CN) of only the "Subject" field in Windows Server 2008
· 971203 The memory usage of the DFS Replication service keeps increasing on a PDC emulator or on a writable domain controller that is running Windows Server 2008 during the SYSVOL share replication process
· 975512 Some SMB clients cannot access cluster file shares but they can access non-cluster file shares that are located on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008
· 975654 Error code when you try to install the DNS server role if all network adapters are disabled or unplugged on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008: "0x80070643"
· 975710 Operating system deployment over a network by using WDS fails in Windows Server 2008
· 974126 Network policies on a computer that is running Windows Server 2008 do not work when a format that uses commas as the decimal separator is specified in Regional and Language Options
· 974522 A LDAP simple bind action fails on a domain controller that is running Windows Server 2008 if the distinguished name of the user account exceeds 256 characters
Windows 7 - 8 KB article:
· 974930 An application or service that queries information about a failover cluster by using the WMI provider may experience low performance or a time-out exception
· 975921 You may be unable to perform certain disk-related operations after an exception when a hardware provider tries to create a snapshot in Windows Server 2008 R2 or in Windows 7
· 975688 A snapshot may become corrupted when the Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot providers take more than 10 seconds to create it on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
· 975891 HP Multifunction Printers and HP Full Feature Software or HP Basic Driver solutions do not work as expected after a computer upgrades from Windows Vista to Windows 7
· 976427 Computers that are running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 stop responding at a black screen if a screen saver is enabled
· 975360 Microsoft Rebound stops responding on a multitouch computer that is running 32-bit version of Windows 7
· 975214 An End-User Defined Character (EUDC) font that was created in Windows XP cannot be deployed to a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
· 976419 You cannot connect to an instance of SQL Server Analysis Services from an application in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 after you install Office Live Add-in 1.4 or Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5