Last week, 20 SQL Server related hot-fix KB articles were updated and 19 are for SQL 2005 SP2 CU12 and the other is for SQL Server Compact. Below are the details:
SQL Server 2005 - 19 KB articles:
· 961237 You cannot kill a session that is running a query on a linked server in SQL Server 2005
· 961396 When you insert a string to a table by using the SQL Native Client (SNAC) OLE DB provider or the SNAC ODBC provider in a SQL Server 2005-based application, the string is truncated
· 961479 An unresolved deadlock occurs when you perform an online reindex operation that runs on parallel threads in SQL Server 2005
· 961648 You receive an error message when you try to query or update a column of large object (LOB) data in SQL Server 2005
· 961739 The tempdb database is corrupted when you start some transactions that use the snapshot isolation level on a database that has row versioning enabled in SQL Server 2005
· 961920 A syntax error occurs when you try to use the lift chart to validate a mining model that uses an Oracle data source in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services
· 961935 A query notification is not fired correctly if the query contains inner joins and the IS NULL clause in SQL Server 2005
· 962003 Error message when you synchronize data for a SQL Server Compact Edition subscriber in SQL Server 2005: "A call to SQL Server Reconciler failed. Try to resynchronize. HRESULT 0x80004005 (29006)"
· 962209 Error message when you run an UPDATE statement on a database that has the SNAPSHOT or READ COMMITTED SNAPSHOT isolation level enabled in SQL Server 2005: "The Database ID <Database ID>, Page (<N>:<N>), slot <N> for LOB data type node does not exist"
· 963684 The execution plan does not use the forced index when you use the INDEX optimizer hint in a query that runs against a synonym in SQL Server 2005
· 967164 The SQL Server service stops responding, and you receive error 1450 when you create database snapshot or run a DBCC CHECK statement on a database in SQL Server 2005
· 967169 When you run an UPDATE statement against a table that has a FOR UPDATE trigger that joins the DELETED and INSERTED tables, the query takes a long time to finish
· 967180 You are prompted to provide the credentials when you view a history snapshot for a SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services report if you use stored credentials for the data source of the report
· 967192 Error message when you open Replication Monitor for a transactional publication in SQL Server 2005: "Initial snapshot for publication <PublicationName> is not available"
· 967316 The values of some SQL Server 2005 SSIS pipeline counters are always 0 when you try to view them in a terminal session
· 967527 Error message when you apply a snapshot file that is exactly divisible by 1 MB in SQL Server 2005: "The process could not bulk copy into table dbo.<tablename>. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)"
· 967570 An empty result set is returned when you run an SSIS package that contains an Execute SQL task in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2
· 967618 Error message when you try to export a report to a PDF file in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services: "Non-negative number required"
· 967625 Error message when you synchronize a database in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services: "Errors in the metadata manager. The dimension with ID of '<Dimension ID>', Name of '<Dimension Name>' referenced by the '<Cube Name>' cube, does not exist"
SQL Server Compact- 1 KB article:
· 958478 Error message when you run a "LINQ to Entities" query that uses a string parameter or a binary parameter against a SQL Server Compact 3.5 database: "The ntext and image data types cannot be used in WHERE, HAVING, GROUP BY, ON, or IN clauses"