Last week, 9 SQL Server related hot-fix KB articles were released and 2 are for SQL Server 2005 and the other 7 are for SQL Server 2008. Below are the details:
SQL Server 2005 - 2 KB articles:
· 956686 When you run a query that contains a JOIN operation in SQL Server 2005 and the ON clause of the JOIN operator contains a LIKE predicate, the query runs slower than in SQL Server 2000
· 955374 Error message when you run an MDX query in SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services after you install cumulative update 7 for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2: "The SQL Server Analysis Services (<InstanceName>) service terminated unexpectedly"
SQL Server 2008 - 7 KB articles:
· 957458 SQL Server Setup may incorrectly detect the edition of SQL Server 2008 when you install a SQL Server 2008 failover cluster
· 957453 When you install SQL Server 2008, the installation fails, and the "Attributes do not match" error message is logged in the Summary.txt file
· 957277 The IntelliSense feature does not work correctly for a database that uses the Turkish collation and that uses the case-insensitive collation sort order in SQL Server 2008
· 957107 A dump file may be generated in the Reporting Services Logfiles folder and you may receive an error message when you try to render a report in SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
· 957104 When you try to run a report that has a recursive hierarchy and that uses toggles in the hierarchy, you may receive unpredictable results in SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
· 957103 Error message when you try to view a report in SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (rsRuntimeErrorInExpression)"
· 956889 Error message when you run the snapshot agent of a replication which includes a stored procedure that contains DBCS characters in SQL Server 2005: "The Name property cannot have a value of @param_name for this version of SQL Server"