Last week, 6 Windows Client products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 1 for Windows XP, 5 for Windows Vista. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 1 KB articles:
· 950312 Error message when you try to start a console-based application, such as Cmd.exe, on a Windows XP-based computer: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)"
Windows Vista - 5 KB articles:
· 953834 The optical disk drive on a ThinkPad X300 computer that is running Windows Vista is not recognized after you perform a suspend-and-resume cycle or a hibernate-and-wake cycle on the computer
· 950927 The size of the GUID partition table (GPT) disk is not updated on a Windows Server 2008-based or a Windows Vista SP1-based computer after you use a disk management program to expand a logical unit number (LUN)
· 950319 On a multiprocessor computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008, a network connectivity failure occurs randomly when you run certain utilities
· 949201 Stop error message when a Windows Vista-based computer that has a USB device attached resumes from standby or from hibernation: "Stop 0x000000FE ( 00000008 , 00000006 , 00000001 , parameter4 )"
· 951685 The video playback application stops responding when you watch video or Live TV on a Windows Vista-based computer