Last week, 11 Windows Client products related hot-fix KB articles were released, including 6 for Windows XP, 3 for Windows Vista, 2 for Internet Explorer. Below are the details:
Windows XP - 6 KB articles:
· 952079 You cannot use the Backup Utility to restore certain EFS-encrypted files on a Windows XP-based computer and data corruption occurs
· 949915 On a Windows XP-based computer, the archive attribute for a file in an offline folder is lost when the file is synchronized back to the server
· 949033 You may experience severe video degradation and a Stop error when you connect a USB Webcam to a Windows XP-based computer
· 948277 A blank desktop may appear when you log on to a Windows XP-based computer
· 945436 Error message when you try to uninstall or unload the driver for a multifunction USB device on a Windows XP-based computer: "STOP: 0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
· 944898 Error message during synchronization of offline files on a Windows XP-based computer: "Unable to Make 'filename.ext' available offline"
Windows Vista - 3 KB articles:
· 951720 A Windows Vista-based computer may stop responding during shutdown after you install a series of hotfixes and then try to restart the computer
· 951499 When you use Windows Desktop Search (WDS) or Instant Search to perform a search on traditional Chinese characters on a Windows Vista-based computer, the search results are incorrect
· 942392 On a Windows Vista-based computer, you cannot access certain directories on a Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) server
Internet Explorer - 2 KB articles:
· 951593 Error message when the Mshtml.dll component causes Internet Explorer 6 to exit unexpectedly in Windows XP SP2 or in Windows Server 2003: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
· 944410 Two or more cookie files for one Web site exist in the Temporary Internet Files folder when you use Internet Explorer to browse a cookie enabled Web site