Windows Server 2003
- 919241 An update is available that lets the Chkdsk.exe tool compact the NTFS security descriptor stream in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
It is a known issue that the $secure file cannot be compacted in the master file table (MFT). If security settings are changed frequently on a disk volume, the security descriptor stream may consume a lot of disk space. To fix the issue, users have to format the file system. After installing this hot fix, the chkdsk.exe utility is able to compact the $secure file. It will bring a lot of convenience for IT Admins.
- 947369 Windows Server 2003 does not set the value of the value of the icmp6_cksum field in the icmp6_hdr structure for ICMPv6 packets
Windows Server 2003 does not comply with requirements of RFC 3542 in ICMPv6. It causes issues if applications assume that Windows Server 2003 completely complies with RFC 3542. This hot fix resolves such issues.
- 946812 On a computer that is a Windows Server 2003 domain member, you may experience problems when the name of the local user account is the same as the domain name
- 943665 A Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2-based computer may drop packets when the computer is working as a bridge and as a router
- 943043 The Icacls.exe utility that is included with Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 does not support the inheritance bit
You can use the icacls.exe utility to modify NTFS file system permissions on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Currently, you can use the Xcacls.exe utility, the Cacls.exe utility, and the Xcacls.vbs utility to modify NTFS permissions in Windows Server 2003. The Icacls.exe utility is an alternative option for modifying NTFS permissions. The Icacls.exe utility resolves various issues that occur when you use the existing utilities.
Unfortunately, this new utility does not support the inheritance bit. The issue means that users have to use another utility to manage the inheritance bit. With this hot fix, users can manage NTFS file system permissions easily.