Hi Buddies, In the first week of 2008, there were 4 Windows Vista and 2 Windows XP hot-fix KB articles released by us. The list is as below:
Windows XP - 2 KB articles
- 943092 Custom actions fail when you install an MSI package that runs Custom Action Type 2 in the system account or in the service account on a Windows XP-based computer
- 942432 A Remote Assistance session fails when the /3GB switch is enabled in the Boot.ini file on a Windows XP-based computer
Windows Vista - 4 KB articles
- 944436 The DVD playback volume in Windows Media Player or in a Windows Media Center application is not loud enough on a Windows Vista-based portable computer
- 942524 Stop error message when you put a Windows Vista-based computer in hibernation: "STOP: 0x000000A0 (0x00000009, 0xc0000001, 0x00000001, 0x00000000) INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)"
- 941061 Trace events in the log output are randomly lost on a Windows Vista-based computer that has the ETW trace log enabled
- 941050* Error message on a Windows Vista-based computer when you try to access a network drive that is mapped to a Web share: "The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated"
*Note, KB941050 is an article that require special user credential.
For the article KB944436, it is mentioned that a portable computer that has Windows Vista installed will encounter a low volume issue. In fact, this issue affects all the computers with low-powered speakers commonly found on laptops. A normal desktop that has low-powered speakers may also encounter this problem. If your computer happens to encounter this issue, you can also apply this fix for Windows Vista.
As alwasy, please feel free to submit your comments to us. We will check the comments and try our best to implement needed changes.
I will be very glad to hear your voice:-)