Windows Home Server was designed for consumers and home-based businesses. In our recent customer satisfaction survey conducted in North America and Europe, we discovered that 25% of the early purchasers of Windows Home Server are running a business out of their home.
This led me to do a little digging into the home-based business market to understand a little more about it, so I thought I would share some of the high-level facts about USA home-based businesses that I learned from recent research studies conducted by AMI Partners.
- There are over 16 million home-based businesses in the USA, approx. 2/3 of all businesses in the USA
- Close to 15 million of these businesses have at least 1 PC
- On average these businesses have 2 PCs, 1 desktop and 1 notebook PC
- Over 80% have a broadband Internet connection
- All up, they spend close to $700 million each year on backup and storage solutions
Windows Home Server is helping home-based businesses automatically backup their PCs every day, provides a central and secure place to store files so that you can access them from any PC within the home, or while away from the home-based business with the built-in remote access capabilities.