Today the Windows Home Server team released version 1.1 of the Windows Home Server Toolkit, a collection of diagnostic tools that run on your home computers and home server. This version provides a Windows Home Server Connector Troubleshooter that works on home computers running Windows XP and Windows Vista (32-bit) and Windows Vista (x64) operating systems.
Additionally, the Toolkit Add-in for Windows Home Server has been simplified to make it easier for people to access relevant information when troubleshooting any issues that they may encounter with their home servers. After installing the toolkit on a home computer, you can easily copy the Toolkit Add-in to your home server. Click Start, All Programs, Windows Home Server Toolkit, Publish Server Add-in, to copy the Toolkit Add-In file to your home server.
After you copy Toolkit.msi to your home server, install the add-in using the Console. The Toolkit Add-In adds a Settings page called Toolkit 1.1.
1. On your home computer, double-click the Windows Home Server tray icon to open the Windows Home Server Console.
2. Click Settings to open the Windows Home Server Settings page.
3. Click Add-ins in the navigation pane, and then click the Available tab in the details pane.
4. Click Install on Windows Home Server Toolkit 1.1.
The Console closes after the add-in is installed. Open the Console again, and then open the Settings page. Verify that the Toolkit Add-In appears in the navigation pane.
Here are the links for the Toolkit on the Microsoft Download Center:
- Windows Home Server Toolkit User Manual
- Windows Home Server Toolkit for home computers running Windows XP or Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Windows Home Server Toolkit for home computers running Windows Vista (x64) editions