More Hockey Puck photo love

Here are some professional photos of the hockey puck design. Enjoy!

(Reminder, just in case people haven’t been paying attention: Microsoft commissioned this design as a proof of concept in order to drive creative thinking about small-form-factor home servers. Microsoft has no plans to produce our own home server hardware.)

Edit: Links to previous entries with other form factors and designs from 3rd parties:

-cek

When Microsoft asks for innovative design, coolness like this flying saucer-looking Windows home server comes out of the woodwork. This one is a prototype commissioned by Microsoft, and as…

Man, somebody really needs to jump on that idea, because that has to be the most wicked-cool-looking Home Server case design I’ve seen.  If it doesn’t get used by a Home Server hardware manufacturer, it should definitely be used as a media center appliance case design.  I could see that sitting in my entertainment center right below a nice large plasma tv.

I think in one of the previous posts about the hockey puck, there was mention that the green glow changing to match the network health.  Was that something built in to the proof-of-concept design?  If so, could you fine folks post a pic or two of the hockey puck when the network health is at risk or critical?

I can’t wait for the final release.  I’ve been loving the beta and CTP, and I know it’s just gonna get better.

I’m writing this post from the Kodiak auditorium on the Microsoft campus while waiting for the Code2Fame

Every time I get all excited and add another computer to the setup at home I get in trouble. It means

5. lukasbeeler says:

This looks insanely cool.

Would it be legally possible for an OEM to produce that design? I would love to buy one 🙂

… or Borg.Assimilate(Me) … or Brendan.Drink(Drink.KoolAid); … or Brendan.Soul.Sell(Microsoft)

From Chris Lanier’s blog You have got to love the latest “Hockey Puck” concept Windows