Beta 2 is go!

Good news!  Windows Home Server has reached the Beta 2 milestone!  While previous releases have been tested by 1000+ Microsoft employees and some of our hardware and software partners, we are now starting to invite a broader group of external testers to participate in Beta 2.

People that are interested in participating in Beta 2 can register here so we have their names as we steadily expand the program.  We can’t guarantee you’ll be invited to participate right away (or at all), but if you’re interested get yourself registered.  Keep in mind that Beta 2 does not really represent the “consumer experience.”  Most consumers will ultimately buy Home Server as an integrated hardware/software solution that’s very plug and play, e.g. the HP MediaSmart Server.  Beta 2 is software only, of course, meaning evaluators will need to know how to install and configure a server operating system.  Beta 2 participants will also need a dedicated machine for Home Server – Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM and two or more internal hard drives with at least 300 GB primary system hard drive is recommended – and at least 2 client PCs and a broadband connection.

You can participate in the Beta 2 dialogue on the public Windows Home Server Forum:  http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer  The Windows Home Server team and other participants will answer questions and provide insights there.

J

The Media Center Show #95 (MP3 – 18.4mb- 53mins 36secs) by Ian Dixon LISTEN HERE [mp3]:http://mediacenter.thepodcastnetwork.com/audio/tpn_mediacenter_20070215_095.mp3[/mp3]

The Windows Home Server today announced Beta 2 and of Windows Home Server which includes the opportunity

Check this out and they are letting you sign up for the next trial! Source: http://blogs.technet.com/homeserver/archive/2007/02/12/beta-2-is-go.aspx

Via the Windows Home Server blog : " While previous releases have been tested by 1000+ Microsoft

Sign Up to Become a Windows Home Server Product Tester As probably very few of you were aware of, Beta 2 of Microsoft’s Windows Home Server software has been released. To date, most of the testin …

Just curious, how do you Microsoft groups typically choose who gets into the betas? I was disappointed in the survey, because, although I am pretty sure I met all the resource requirements, there weren’t any questions that seemed to differentiate me from the average techhead on the internet. You know, like Do you work for a Microsoft Gold Partner (yes), Are you a Microsoft Certified Professional (yes), How many Xbox 360’s and Xbox’s do you have (1 and 4), Have you spent so much money as an enthusiast of Microsoft Technologies that your wife is threating physical harm if you don’t stop (yes). That last one is especially telling.

Make sure you are not logged in to your Windows Live ID or Passport account in Connect and then try going to the link again. That is what I had to do to get the link to work.

Sounds great.  Any idea as to when the Beta will start?

couldn’t you have made a maybe button in the "can you didecate a computer to windows home server"

I get the same error message…

The Media Center Show #95 Rathe Hollingum (Microsoft European Development Center) The Media Center Show

See the Windows Home Server blog for details.

Hello Home Server Team,

I’m a Chinese student, I like OS very much!can you help me to get a chance that I can get the latest Beta.Maybe you can given an Invitation Code to give to me to get me in on that beta . thank you very much! I’d like to test the new OS!

I’ve just tried following your link however, I get to a page saying

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: 31515eed-32d3-41f0-b6da-641364d0afab

Got in.  Thanks!