Starting today Microsoft Intune has been integrated with the Business Store. This means that you can use Microsoft Intune to manage public store applications and silently deploy them to users. End-user won’t have to go to the public store and therefore won’t need a Microsoft Account.
When it comes to Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility Suite it’s possible to use the Company Portal for a uniform cross-platform experience.
On Windows, installation of the Company Portal can be automated using the Business Store which is capable of pushing applications from the Public Store. We can use this to silently push any modern app from the public store, including the Company Portal, to the end-user’s Windows AAD joined (or Domain Join + AAD registration) 10 device. End-users won’t need an Microsoft Account (MSA) to obtain the application.
You configure this as follows:
1) Browse to http://microsoft.com/business-store and logon with an administrative user in your tenant.
2) Select settings and navigate to Management Tools
4) Search for Microsoft Intune
5) Press Ok followed by Activate in the bottom right corner
6) In the upper right Search Store textbox search for Company Portal, next select Get the app and afterwards select distribute later.
7) Open a new tab and navigate to Microsoft Intune via http://manage.microsoft.com
8) Navigate to Admin/Mobile Device Management/Windows/Store for Business and select Configure Sync
9) When for the initial sync to finish and navigate to Apps/Apps/Volume Purchased Apps
10) Now you can deploy the Company Portal as a required application to your user collection.
Users on Windows devices that sign in with their Azure AD account (or PIN/Passport) or domain account that has been registered in AAD will get the Company Portal added in their Start Menu without having to do anything. And the best of all: without the need for a Microsoft Account to access the public store.
For more information:
- IT Professional resources: https://aka.ms/business-store/it
- Developer resources: https://aka.ms/business-store/dev