The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides customers with the latest updates to the 2007 Office suite. Today’s download includes two types of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- All of the Public Updates, Security Updates, Cumulative Updates, and Hot Fixes released through February 2009.
In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, performance, and security. You can find out more information in Knowledge Base Article 953195, where product-specific changes are described. Technical details about the 2007 Microsoft Office System Service Pack 2 (SP2) releases are published in 970357.
Before installing this service pack, you are strongly encouraged to read 953195, which describes some big improvements introduced by SP2, and also calls out some important information that you should be aware of before installing.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
Service Pack 2 will update the following:
- Microsoft Office Basic 2007
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
- Microsoft Office Small Business 2007
- Microsoft Office Small Business Management 2007
- Microsoft Office Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Groove 2007
If you attempt to install this update and get a message saying that the update failed, please refer to Knowledge Base Article 968173. It describes a set of requirements and other issues that may cause the installation to fail, and gives instructions on how to fix them.
If you have other Office products installed, please be sure to update them as well. A full list of SP2 releases for Office products is available in the Knowledge Base Article 968170.
Service Pack 2 is the first service pack to support uninstall of client patches through both the command line and the use of the Microsoft Service Pack Uninstall Tool. The Service Pack Uninstall Tool is available as a separate download. For more information about this tool, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 954914.
Administrators working in managed environments can find complete resources for deploying Office updates in an organization on the 2007 Office Resource Kit site. And for more details about what is included in the service pack; you are urged to read Knowledge Base Article 953195.