Each year we host IT Pros from universities all around the country (and the world) in Redmond for a three day conference. This is organized by a committee from the Windows Higher Education (HIED) listsrv hosted by Stanford University and has a focus on NOT being a sales event, rather a chance for administrators in higher education to interface directly with product teams in Redmond and listen in on technical presentations regarding infrastructure focused solutions.
Even if you are not a subscriber of the listsrv but you are a technical resource from a college or university, you are welcome to join us! If you are curious about the technical focus, see the agenda posted to the HIED wiki. You must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement form as some of the content is “next version” planning information. The official invite details are below. Hope to see you there!
Working in conjunction with Windows-Higher Education listsrv representatives, Microsoft Education is pleased to host the 5th Windows Higher Education Conference at the Microsoft Campus in Redmond, Washington, March 30th – April 1st, 2009.
As has always been the case for this event, it is NOT a sales or marketing event. Attendees generally have deep technical background in both Microsoft as well as UNIX/Linux operating systems. Presentation responsibilities are being split by Microsoft and customer attendees and focus the following primary goals:
- Provide highly relevant product and solution discussion as well as tips and tricks for better evaluating, deploying, integrating, administering, supporting and simplifying Microsoft solutions in the higher education environment
- Illicit product input and feedback to ensure product teams understand the needs of the HED customer base
- Learn of unique challenges and successes of Microsoft product deployment from customer presentation sessions
- Provide an informal venue to discuss additional issues and topics
- Increase the trust and confidence of customer attendees in deploying and supporting Microsoft solutions
- Provide Microsoft product teams an opportunity to talk to a focused and strategic group of knowledgeable Higher Education customers
- Dates: March 30th – April 1st, 2009
- Location: Microsoft Campus, Building 37
- Presentations: Mix of Microsoft and Customer presentations: 300-400 level technical drill down (60-90 minutes each)
- Cost 150$
- Registration Page