Ed Wilson retired, but we are continuing his legacy of friendly tutorials on solving common problems. We will also help IT professionals expand their skill set beyond what might be their comfort zone. Examples of this include incorporating continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) tools into core infrastructure management, and hybrid cloud operations.
Ed actively recruited contributors to submit new content. We are continuing that tradition by making "Hey, Scripting Guy!" a community effort. In the spirit of getting people started in the wide world of scripting for the cloud, we are asking that proposals target new areas of scripting innovation, such as the set of topics listed below.
If you would like to write a post for "Hey, Scripting Guy!", please email email@example.com a proposal for a post dealing with:
- Running scripts in the hybrid cloud.
- Using scripts to manage the hybrid cloud.
- Azure PowerShell: cmdlets and scripts.
- PowerShell open source projects (sharing with the community) (examples: Core, Pester, VSCode, Gallery).
- Best practices to run PowerShell on Linux systems.
- Life making use of PowerShell (examples: Chef, Puppet).
Be sure to include how you want to be credited in the post, including your name and title, and even a picture of yourself if you would like. We will be happy to work with you to get your work up on "Hey, Scripting Guy!"
Thank you, and we're looking forward to working with the PowerShell community on creating new content for the blog!