We are very excited to announce the availability of Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell Beta 1 (Script Explorer). Script Explorer is an extension of the Windows PowerShell content and guidance experience, and it combines the vast amount of knowledge held in the community with the resources that are available from Microsoft. With Script Explorer, you can:
- Discover information that is related to Windows PowerShell from across the community and Microsoft.
- Search seamlessly across repositories such as PoshCode.org and the Microsoft Script Center to locate samples that are relevant to you.
- Establish, grow, and search corporate repositories.
Community and Microsoft guidance in one place
Script Explorer combines the rich information from the community and the guidance that is available from Microsoft, which helps you realize more of the benefits of Windows PowerShell. Script Explorer brings together resources such as the Windows PowerShell Survival Guide, how-to guidance, and videos. You can filter the results to the products that are relevant to you.
Search across multiple repositories
Script Explorer enables a single search experience across multiple repositories, including PoshCode.org and the Microsoft Script Center, which allows you to locate script samples, snippets, and modules. You can filter search results, read reviews and comments, and seamlessly integrate into Windows PowerShell ISE to further customize your environment.
Build a trusted library of scripts for your company
Script Explorer makes it easy to build a library of scripts for personal use or to establish and grow a corporate library of trusted scripts, modules, and snippets. You can also extend Script Explorer to include your own providers by using the Script Explorer Provider Reference.
Free download now!
Get started today with this free download of Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell Beta 1.
For support, visit Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell at the Microsoft Script Center online forums.
Also visit the forum for the latest status on Script Explorer services, to ask questions, and to provide feedback about Script Explorer. If you currently host a public repository, and you would like to make it available through Script Explorer, please contact Microsoft Script Explorer Customer Support <email@example.com>.
- Deploying Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell
- Configuring Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell
- Uninstalling Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell
- Troubleshooting Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell
- Using Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell