2012 Windows PowerShell Scripting Games: All Links on One Page

Summary: The All Links on One Page for the 2012 Windows PowerShell Scripting Games is essential for monitoring the latest information about the games.

2012 Scripting Games badge

Microsoft Scripting Guy, Ed Wilson, is here. The 2012 Scripting Games Events are in full swing, and the submitted scripts are available on PoshCode. The Scripting Games are the premier learning event of the year for IT Pros, devs, and others who want to learn Windows PowerShell. This page includes all the essential links for the 2012 Scripting Games. Add this page to your Favorites list, and check back on a daily basis. For that matter, add a tab to your browser, and make it one of your Home pages

Events

Click the following links to see the event descriptions and solutions from the experts as they are available.

Leaderboards

Follow the submission results for the 2012 Scripting Games.

Prizes

If you entered the 2012 Scripting Games, you are also entered for daily random prize drawings. Winners will be alerted by email, but you can see if you won here:

Community: Forum, Twitter, and Facebook

Judges and Sponsors

Useful Information

If you missed entering the 2012 Scripting Games events, the following introductory information from the games can help you start ramping up for next year.

Registration, Rules, and Announcements

Preparing for the 2012 Scripting Games

The Scripting Wife

Learn from the Scripting Wife as she prepared for the Scripting Games.

I invite you to follow me on Twitter and Facebook. If you have any questions, send email to me at scripter@microsoft.com, or post your questions on the Official Scripting Guys Forum. See you tomorrow. Until then, peace.

Ed Wilson, Microsoft Scripting Guy

1. K_Schulte says:

"Hurry up, Ed!`nYou only have got {0} days to prepare the Scripting games 2012`nTHANKS, Klaus" -f ((get-date '02.04.2012')-(get-date)).TotalDays

Hi, I can get into Beginner Event 1, 2, and 3, but if I click on Beginner Event 4 or Advanced Event 4

Access Denied

You do not have permissions to perform the requested action.

The links do not look the same as the other 3 events.

3. mredwilson says:

@Craig Jahnke Yes, the links on the All in One page were broken … it seems that when Dia added the links, for some reason, it was picking up that she was logged into LiveID and so that is why you were getting access denied. They are fixed now. Keep in mind you can always go to http://www.scriptingguys.com/blog and find the latest events directly.

4. mredwilson says:

@Brian Sabatini I am not certain I would say we are behind. There have already been over 3700 scripts submitted. On the first few days, there were not so many scripts, and so the judges would jump all over scripts as soon as they came in. Now there are a lot of scripts that are coming in (five different events are live right now) and so it will take time to get them graded. All scripts can be graded at anytime between now and the 22nd of April. All of the judges have full time jobs and some are unable to do any grading but on the weekend. I would hope we will catch up during this weekend, but there are no guarantees as to when your script will be graded.

5. K_Schulte says:

Sorry, I should have used a non german DateTime representation to make it work 🙁

"Hurry up, Ed!`nYou only have got {0} days to prepare the Scripting games 2012`nTHANKS, Klaus (Schulte)" -f ([DateTime]'04/02/2012'-(get-date)).TotalDays

6. mredwilson says:

@Scott Baker thanks for point that out.

Where are event 9 and 10? I can’t login on the
    https://2012sg.poschcode.org site anymore either… Am I missing something here!?

8. mredwilson says:

@Neil, will probably open registration the week before the games begin.

9. Ed Wilson says:

@K_Schulte I am also excited about this years games. I am, this week, writing some of the 20 different events, and I think this year will be a good challenge to both beginners and to advanced scripters as well.

10. Neil says:

When is registration for SG 2012 going to open?

11. sahal says:

hello Ed, when will the registration be open?

12. Ed Wilson says:

Registration will open tomorrow March 27th.

13. Scott Baker says:

I'd like to point out that the 2012 rules page link doesn't actually take you to any rules page!

14. Brian Sabatini says:

Is script reviewing behind now? I have not received anything back on my Event 3 script from a couple days ago. It just seemed strange because the first 2 were reviewed within hours of submission. I know there were some issues on PoshCode so I just wanted to make sure nothing needed to be resubmitted or anything.

15. JoshuaSTaylor says:

@jstrandb85 Go here for events 9 and 10. blogs.technet.com/…/heyscriptingguy

16. Nathan Mayberry says:

I know that the judges are probably extremely busy with all the scripts, but if we get three star or below from a judge, could we get at least what was generally wrong with the script? The judges that I have got the lowest scores from I either get no input, or not enough to be constructive where as the scripts that I did well on I have gotten even more constructive feedback. Its confusing even looking at it after the fact when I think I nailed a script to get a low score without any comments.

17. Joe Thomas says:

Totally agree to @Nathan. With all due respect to the judges, i think the judging criterion is wrong. The judging on the games is based on shear luck. Some judges are lineant, some are not. So it all depends on the luck of the person who judges it. Also as @Nathan has mentioned some of the judges are not giving feedbacks and just lowering the ratings. If one of the aims of this games is teaching powershell, then judging in this manner is not helping.

18. obaidul says:

Thanking you for posting an articles about scripting game.

19. sabderbcc says:

I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it. It is very nice article! Just want to say thanks for this games information. Please continue to write this type of article. Your article is nice, I read your article to learn a lot and hope to see your next
    article. I have found another one blog on games information by Google search. You can visit the site for more
    http://goldenarticles.net "> Games information .

20. sabderbcc says:

I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it. It is very nice article! Just want to say thanks for this Games information. Please continue to write this type of article. Your article is nice, I read your article to learn a lot and hope to see your next
    article. I have found another one blog on Games information by Google search. You can visit the site for more
    http://goldenarticles.net "> Games information .

21. sabderbcc says:

http://goldenarticles.net "> Games information .