The 2011 Scripting Games officially begin on April 4, 2011 at one minute after midnight Pacific Standard Time (-8 GMT). There will be a 15-minute time lapse between the posts for Advanced and Beginner. You will have seven days (until 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time (-8 GMT) to submit your entries for event 1. Here is the information about submitting entries to PoshCode (the host of this years Scripting Games).
- There’s no need to go to a special link to log on. Just hit the front page and click Submit (during the beta period this tab was named Contribute) or go to http://2011sg.poshcode.org/Scripts/New to go straight to the submit form (through authentication, if necessary).
- Contestants do not have to “register”—just log on and post your script.
- However, if you want to win:
- Use the same method to log on every time! If for some reason you can’t (for example, Twitter starts throwing Fail Whales like in the old days), you should make sure that the email address is the same on all the accounts that you use, and you should contact us (through email or click the Contact tab) to let us know.
- Make sure that the email address we have for you is the right one (click the Account tab). Especially if you are being prompted to fill out your profile.
- Don’t be alarmed if you can’t see anyone else’s scripts—that’s a feature.
- Do be alarmed if you can’t see your own script.
- Use the Contact tab to report any problems that you have logging on or uploading scripts.
Some people may experience a problem due to the way that Windows XP handles server name identification (SNI) certificates for TLS (instead of IP-based SSL certificates). In Windows XP, you need to tell Internet Explorer that the site is OK, and bypass the SSL warning. There is nothing that is actually being secured anyway because you are not passing anything directly to PoshCode.