Sorry I’m a bit late with the recap for the Phoenix / Tempe Event last week.
For the summary of Cloud Computing and what a Private Cloud really is compared to On Premise datacenters, Public Clouds and Hybrid Clouds, please see my recap from Los Angeles.
I do want to repost the links for the PPT decks and the Trial software downloads here.
There were three presentations given:
- Get Ready for Tomorrow, Today!
- Private Cloud 201 – How to Build a Private Cloud
- Forefront Identity Manager
For those of you who would like to download trial versions of the different software products I discussed during the event, you can find the links in the PPT Decks as well as here below:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Configuration Manager 2007 R3
- Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2
- Service Manager 2010
- System Center 2012 Release Candidates / Betas
- System Center Essentials 2010
Also wanted to repost Adam Bresson’s contact information below
Security, Identity & Access Management (SIAM)
Technical Solution Professional (TSP)
W: (650) 693-2230
For those of you interested in taking Exam 70-659, there are a few resources available and two of them were brought up during the event. I promised to get the links for everyone so here we go.
- $99 (includes an exam voucher valued at $150)
- Thursday, December 1, 2011 from 10pm – 6am PDT
- OR Wednesday, January 11, 2012 from 12pm - 8pm PDT
- Live virtual classroom (online)
This collection of two 2-hour online clinics and an 1-hour online clinic provides IT Professionals experienced in Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003 with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage virtualization technologies.
Topics covered in the clinic within the collection include:
- Introduction to Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008
- Overview of Microsoft Application Virtualization
- Overview of Terminal Services in Windows Server 2008
- Overview of Hyper-V