Last Monday or Tuesday, I received a call from my wife that an email she had sent to firstname.lastname@example.org had bounced due to an invalid recipient. She wanted to confirm that I hadn’t been fired without being informed and to verify that I was still employed. 🙂
I started receiving calls from external folks as well that my emails were bouncing so I figured it was a more serious problem. I spent a little time researching and found that the harold.wong alias had been removed from my user object and hence why emails were not coming in. I submitted a service ticket with our internal helpdesk and figured it would take a day at most to fix (okay, should only take 10 minutes). When it was still not fixed as of yesterday morning, I started making noise (sending multiple emails to a manager’s alias in helpdesk). I finally got a response yesterday afternoon that the alias was added back in and would probably take up to 12 hours to replicate and be functional again.
I just checked this morning and emails being sent to email@example.com are coming into my inbox again!!! YEAH!
This means you should be able to contact me again and I am indeed still here! Thanks for your patience!