Pass a Microsoft Virtualization Exam and get a Free TechNet Subscription

*****************  UPDATE  *****************************

It seems I jumped the gun on posting this information.  The program does not go live until March 1, 2011.  I’m sorry about the confusion on my part, but please mark your calendars to try again on March 1st.  Thanks!!!

****************** End Update  ***********************************

I just found out about a promotion that is going on that is of benefit for IT Pros out there who care about certification and thought I would pass this along.

If you pass any Microsoft Virtualization exam between March 1, 2011 and June 30, 2011, you will receive a complimentary TechNet Subscription Professional.  You must register and this is only available to the first 1000 subscribers (registrants) so hurry and get registered.

The exams that qualify are the following

• 70-659, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
  • 70-669, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization
  • 70-652, MCTS: Windows Server Virtualization, Configuring
  • 70-693, MCITP: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator

The landing page for all of this is: http://www.anthologymarketing.com/microsoft/deployment/virtualization_cert/virtcert_landingpage_r02.html.

Harold Wong

Shawn: Nice hearing from you!

Everyone else: Please read my update – the program goes live on March 1st.  Thanks.

Yep its still down.

3. Andy B. says:

That sucks! The link at Prometric.com is not active yet.

4. Harold Wong says:

Andy: I will look into this and find out when it will become available.  I did go to Prometric's home page and followed the process to register for an exam.  All the exams are available to register for and take.  I'm guessing the URL on the site I referenced just highlights those four exams easier.

Harold Wong

5. Andy B. says:

No problem. Thanks for the advanced notice.

6. Shawn Travers says:

Harold! What's up – just got the link to this program and didn't realize it was your post that kicked this off! 🙂

7. Tom says:

Andy B reminds me of the passenger who yells "This sucks" when the airplane internet goes down.

8. Daniel Wolf says:

This is a GREAT idea for promotion of certification – I hope Microsoft expands this to more exams!

9. John K. Weaver says:

It sure would be nice to give some sort of kickback to those of us who already have each of these exams and who passed some during Beta.

I'd love an extra year or two of Tech Net Free.  🙂

Good luck to those who study the old-fashioned way and go to take the exams.  I'm all for learning it from books and hands on.

10. Umer Ather says:

got an voucher number and go to register the same and a cute email from Prometric

Please DISREGARD the Microsoft Virtualization Voucher Email just received

Please disregard the email you just received regarding your Microsoft Virtualization Voucher. It was sent in error. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will be in touch shortly regarding your Microsoft Virtualization Voucher.

Prometric

11. Kirk says:

Harold, can the free TechNet sub promo be used to extend/renew an existing TechNet sub?  My current TechNet does not expire until September 2011.