For those of you who know me, you know that I’m a sushi fanatic. I REALLY enjoy eating sushi and am always on the look out for a good (and affordable) place to chow down and fill my hollow leg.
Last week, I had a chance to try a Sushi restaurant that is new to me and I almost had to be rolled out of the restaurant by my wife and kids. Since I enjoyed it so much, I thought I would write a quick blog post review to let everyone know in case you ever visit the Phoenix area and are looking for a good and affordable sushi experience.
The name of the restaurant is Mido Sushi and the address is: 5965 W. Ray Rd., Chandler, AZ 85226. They even have a nice website: www.midosushi.com. The prices are reasonable but the best deal in the house is their All You Can Eat Sushi deal for $19.99. That’s right, you read correctly, I said $19.99! I was a bit skeptical at first and figured the All You Can Eat menu would only be a third of their regular sushi menu. I was wrong. The All You Can Eat menu is a smaller subset of the overall Sushi menu, but still has quite a large selection. I am including screenshots of the menu for your reference. Ignore the prices listed on the All You Can Eat menu – that is there just so you know how much you would be spending if you were paying full price. The All You Can Eat also comes with a soup, salad, Sashimi sampler (I got Salmon, Snapper, Tuna and White Toro), Gyoza or Tempura Appetizer and Ice Cream.
Here are my random thoughts on my experience.
- The fish was very fresh and tasty.
- The rice (for the most part) was of decent portion to the fish.
- The Sashimi Platter was a definite surprise and totally yummy!
- Service was excellent.
- I was a bit bummed that I was restricted to one order of Unagi. I made up for it by ordering a few Unagi based rolls.
- On the Ngiri menu, I had everything but the Ebi, Kani and Masago.
- The Hamachi, Ika, White Toro and Saba was my favorite.
- They were a bit skimpy on the Ikura so I’ll probably pass on that one next time.
- I really enjoyed the Mexican Roll – it was definitely spicy but very tasty.
- I was so full that I opted not to have the Gyoza or Tempura Appetizer.
- I was excited that they offered Red Bean Ice Cream for dessert (included in price) and it was tasty. I have not had Red Bean Ice Cream in a little while.
I plan on going back again very soon with an empty stomach and plenty of room in my hollow leg!!!