For all those folks out there who follow my blog and live in the Irvine, CA or San Diego, CA area and are interested in attending a Windows 7 RC Install Fest, please read on.
In conjunction with Quickstart Intelligence and local IT Pro User Groups, I am hosting two Windows 7 RC Install Fests in Irvine and one in San Diego.
If you are interested in getting your hands on Windows 7 Release Candidate and just haven’t had a chance to download the bits and install it yet, now’s your chance to bring your laptop and come spend some time with us doing just that. Don’t worry about downloading the bits as we will provide a copy of the Windows 7 Release Candidate DVD for you to use (and keep). I will have mostly 32 bit DVDs but will have some 64 bit DVDs on hand as well.
Here are the registration links for the three events:
The agenda for the afternoon in Irvine and San Diego is as follows:
1 PM – 2 PM: Windows 7 Overview and Features Presentation (and Demo)
2 PM – 5 PM: Open time to Install Windows 7 RC and network
The agenda for the evening in Irvine is similar and is as follows:
6 PM – 7 PM: Windows 7 Overview and Features Presentation (and Demo)
7 PM – 9 PM: Open time to Install Windows 7 RC and network
There is no requirement to attend the entire afternoon (or evening). You are free to come and go at anytime during the event. I will be available to help with the install and to answer questions during the entire session. We will also be raffling off the following items:
· 1 Free TechNet Plus Subscription
· 1 Voucher for a Free MCP Exam (expires June 30, 2010)
· 1 Copy of Office Ultimate 2007
You do not have to be present to win. We will be collecting evaluation forms that will be used for the raffle at the end of the day. The winner(s) will be notified and we will make arrangements to get the prize to the winner. If you happen to be there, you will be able to leave the event with your prize in hand.
System Requirements: (laptop is preferred)
Make sure your desktop or laptop meets these minimum requirements:
• 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
• 1 GB of system memory
• 16 GB of available disk space
• Support for DirectX 9 graphics with 128 MB memory (to enable the Aero theme)
• DVD-R/W Drive
- The system WILL BE WIPED, (unless you use virtualization), so do NOT bring systems that have any data on them that you wish to keep.
- If you decide to bring a Desktop Computer please review the following:
- We will NOT be providing monitors, keyboards, mice, or any associated cables, including power cables, so make sure you bring the required hardware to run your system.
- Get there early as you will likely need a little more time to setup than the laptop users.
- We will NOT have any hand trucks or carts to help you bring equipment in so, please come prepared.
- There will be no ongoing support for the pre-release software after the loadfest. We will, however, make a best effort on the day to get your system up and running.
- Make sure your test computer has a wireless card that works with Windows Vista/Windows 7.