There are some “new” or updated tools up on the Exchange 2003 download site.
- Exchange MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects 1.2.1
Ok, not a tool. But it is interesting to note that this got posted. As the site says: “Starting with the Beta 2 release of Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, neither the Messaging API (MAPI) client libraries nor CDO 1.2.1 are provided as part of the product. The result is missing functionality that many server applications depend on. This tool provides access to these APIs, thereby providing access to the contents of the Exchange store and Active Directory.” Expect to learn more about this later.
- Jetstress (English only)
This has been updated with some fixes.
- MAPI Editor (English only)
The filename still is MFCMAPI.exe but now it is called MAPI Editor. Stephen Griffin calls it the “next version of MFCMAPI”. Makes sense.
- Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool, Version 2.7
Even more rules… When will it ever end? Hopefully never. Wouldn’t it be great if this was just part of the product? <wink> That would be so cool.
- Profile Analyzer (English only)
Updated version. Also known as EPA. Read about it here.
- Public Folder DAV-based Administration Tool (English only)
Updated version. Use it a lot.
And… Drumroll please……
- Quota Message Service (English only)
This is now officially supported by Microsoft. Yay! Oh wait, that’s me.