Service Request Reports for System Center Service Manager 2012

So where are the Service Request reports????  If you use Service Manager for Service Requests, you are scratching your head why you can’t see any reports for Service Requests in the Console.  I am a huge fan of leveraging BI and the Service Manager Cubes for my reporting but many people still want out of the box reports, in the console for Service Requests.  Leveraging SSRS reporting, I built common requested reports from my Customers and leveraged the Incident reports to do it.

I ported over the Incident Reports to the Service Request reports and loaded it up into a Management Pack bundle so you can import them into your environment and get some Service Request Reports showing up quickly.  These will make sure that you close the gap for console reports for Service Requests and give you a little more time to develop deeper OLAP cube reports for Service Requests.

image

There are 3 reports

List of Service Requests – Lists all the Service Requests for the Report Criteria

Service Request Details – Details on a Specific Service Request

Service Request KPI Trend – Provides trending data to backlogged Service Requests

These 3 reports, match up to 3 of the 5 Incident reports that currently exist.  There was no reason to port over the Analyst Report as Service Requests are meant to have activities and they close out the Service Request once complete, therefore the Activity Management reports that are OOB can provide the Analyst tracking.  The Incident Resolution Report was not ported over as well for the same reason, but if you need it, this is an easy fix and leave a comment below and I will add it in a future release.

The Management Pack is completely localized so would be easy to implement other languages, if you feel like you can assist in translating the info to another language and want to help out with a language pack please reach out to me as well.

List of Service Requests Report

image

Service Request Details

image

Service Request KPI

image

The reports can be found on the TechNet gallery at https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/System-Center-Service-8aa67c49

1. Kevin Momber says:

Cool, very good job. 😉

2. Kevin Momber says:

Cool, very good job. 😉

3. Kevin Momber says:

Cool, very good job. 😉

4. Kevin Momber says:

Cool, very good job. 😉

5. Trana010 says:

Hi George,
    Had some issues because my DWDataMart DB is in fact not called that after a DW server reinstall, so I went through and did a find/replace on all the SQL and RDL files for my DWDataMart DB name. After this the reports did deploy and show up under reports. But
    running them failed with a Data Source error. I corrected that via the SQL Reporting Configuration Manager by editting the data source on the reports.

Both times took about 60 minutes before the reports were attempted to be deployed, failing the first time and deploying the second time.

6. Thanks for the info Ingrid I will take a look at this and update the management pack bundle.

Thank you George for the Service Request reports. They have what I need on a weekly basis. If the offer to port over the other two incident reports is still available that would be very helpful for me. We are a smaller shop so activities are only used
    for automated tasks and access to SQL reporting staff is extremely limited.

Thanks for your efforts.

8. Faris ALMasri says:

thank you man, 3 days searching for this 🙂

Thank you for attending the November Service Manager #LyncUp call, it was well attended with 56 attendees

10. amanda says:

Hello, I am wondering if I am missing something completely obvious – I ran through all the steps in the word file, uploaded the the mpb – but I do not see the new "Extended Service Request Management" under reports. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

11. amanda says:

I see there was just a time delay. Thanks again for providing this fix to the community.

12. Steve says:

Fantastic! This will make life a lot easier!!!!!!!!!!! Very good!

13. Steve says:

Fantastic! This will make life a lot easier!!!!!!!!!!! Very good!

14. Ingrid says:

Hello George,
    thanks for the reports, they deliver good information.
    Unfortunately, there is a little issue with the reporting when grooming occurred. As soon as a Service Request is set to Close and gets groomed out of the database, the information for "Affected User", "Created by" and Affected CI, Activities, Related Config
    Items and Related Work Items are not displayed any more in the detail report.
    I worked with MS support on this and was told that the reports do not look for @IncludeDeleted=1. The RDL files for ServiceRequestDetail need to include the deleted items also.
    The Stored Procedure Extended_ServiceManager_Report_ServiceRequest_ServiceRequestDetail looks for DeletedDate to be NULL, a groomed SR has a defined DeleteDate.
    Could you please check and correct this? In case you’d like to get more information, send me an email to ingrid dot glatz add galexis dot com. Thank you.

15. Leo says:

Hi
    I install in the MS but sometime this report not showing in the console, it’s an problema with MSDWH in function of descompress the MP, thank for your help

16. Dave Abbott says:

Hello George. Thank you very much for these reports. I would like to second PattieAtPemco’s request for the other 2 incident reports if that offer is still available. I just started working at a new company and they also use activities in a very limited
    manner. The Analyst report would be extremely helpful to have.

17. KSKaran says:

Thanks for these much useful reports.

Current environment is SCSM2012 R2. I have imported the MP (Custom.ServiceManager.ServiceRequest.Report.Library.mpb) into the system, which got imported without any problems. Even after about 20 minutes or so, the reports don’t seems to be provisioned.

Any other prerequisites?

Thanks for the efforts.

18. KSKaran says:

The above issue was due to some goof up in the DW Jobs Sync. Once Synced manually, the reports are provisioned.

As I have seen many complaining about the non visibility of custom reports, please force MPSyncJob and ETL jobs from the console to transfer the MP to the DW

19. Matt says:

Not sure how long this takes but after running through the word doc, I have not been able to see the Report show yet. Any ideas on troubleshooting.