Troubleshooting Duplicate or Missing SPNs for an SCCM SQL Database


Moved to the ConfigMgr Support team blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configurationmgr/archive/2010/10/26/troubleshooting-duplicate-or-missing-spns-for-a-configmgr-2007-sql-database.aspx


Comments (5)
  1. Sca says:

    Hi,

    Thanks for this great post! I had exactly this problem and it's working now!

    Thx

  2. Vics says:

    How the SPN is if you are running on a particular instance on a SQL Server and on a particular port, I understand you said to list the port, but is the instance part of the name too, or just point to the main netbios name of the sql server ?

  3. networxpro says:

    After days and nights of struggles (and much good learning along the way) I finally found your "Troubleshooting duplicate SPNs for SCCM Remote Databases" article … and instantly saved it as "SPN Knowledgebase for SPN beginners like me"… because I knew it would take me that extra step closer to seeing what was all wrong all along (my SPN typo… i really gotta get my eyes upgraded…. are the 0's and O's getting smaller and really starting to look more alike… or am I just going blind?)

    thanks also for the insight into to the quite useful LDIFDE utility… definitely gotta add that to my EC bag of tricks… I just slid the asterisk back to the equals and got the whole domain… wrapped that in a domain list with an Enterprise Admin account and got every AD-listed SPN in the enterprise… and found the missing "R" in abcdRfgh.com.

    Those old auth-denied 500's on anonymous can get hard to T'shoot when it's buried that deep.

    I'll capture some good to compare to the bad to learn more on the 'morrow.

    Networxpro

    we might be all be good but if we know anything long ago we came to know that none of us can ever know everything… thanks for helping me know a little more…

  4. Networxpro says:

    After days and nights of struggles (and much good learning along the way) I finally found your "Troubleshooting duplicate SPNs for SCCM Remote Databases" article … and instantly saved it as "SPN Knowledgebase for SPN beginners like me"… because I knew it would take me that extra step closer to seeing what was all wrong all along (my SPN typo… i really gotta get my eyes upgraded…. are the 0's and O's getting smaller and really starting to look more alike… or am I just going blind?)

    thanks also for the insight into to the quite useful LDIFDE utility… definitely gotta add that to my EC bag of tricks… I just slid the asterisk back to the equals and got the whole domain… wrapped that in a domain list with an Enterprise Admin account and got every AD-listed SPN in the enterprise… and found the missing "R" in abcdRfgh.com.

    Those old auth-denied 500's on anonymous can get hard to T'shoot when it's buried that deep.

    I'll capture some good to compare to the bad to learn more on the 'morrow.

    Networxpro

    we might be all be good but if we know anything long ago we came to know that none of us can ever know everything… thanks for helping me know a little more…

  5. Jefferson Cowart says:

    I was getting that error during setup. Following your blog I added the SQL using my FQDN, but I still got it. After I added the SPN using the NetBIOS name it started working.

Comments are closed.

Skip to main content