Today, we are excited to announce the release of our Forefront Security 2010 for Exchange Server RC (FSE) build for use with Exchange 2007 SP1 and Exchange 2010. FSE provides industry leading antimalware protection by simultaneously using up to 5 individual antimalware engines. Protection is provided for both viruses and spyware. Protection is provided by 4 separate types of scanning processes: Transport, Realtime, Scheduled, and On-demand. Each type of scan can be configured to use a different set of engines, providing a balance of protection and performance.
This RC release marks an important quality milestone for the latest version of the product, which includes:
· Significant UI improvements
· The addition of antispam backscatter support
· Hybrid antispam configuration from within the UI
· Integration with the Exchange 2010 RBAC model
· SCC cluster support
· Localized versions available in 11 languages (English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Chinese Simplified and Traditional, Japanese, Korean).
Microsoft Forefront Security 2010 for Exchange Server (RC) is now available at:
Updated user documentation for the RC release is available at:
Note: FSE 2010 RC is not compatible with the Stirling multi-node management console. If you would like to continue to manage FSE 2010 with Stirling you must continue to use the Beta 2 release which can be found at our TechNet site here.
Forefront Server Security