Federation between MOCS 2007 R1/R2 and IBM Sametime 8.0.2 is now available!
Federation allow two companies to share users's Presence and to communicate with Instant Messaging. Each company must use a dedicated SIP domain name.
How does it works?
- On the OCS side, you will need to deploy a MOCS 2007 Edge server (R1 or R2 version) enabled for the federation:
- Configure your environment for the federation:
- Configure firewall rules for the network protocol SIP/MTLS (TCP5061), in bidirectionnal;
- Create a public DNS A record (ex: sip.contoso.com). Create also a public DNS SRV record (ex: _sipfederationtls._tcp.contoso.com) pointing on to sip.contoso.com on port 5061 if you want automatic discovery;
- Request a commercial certificate (ex: subject name: sip.contoso.com);
- Deploy your edge server, and especially the Access Edge server role;
- Note: You do not need a reverse proxy server for the federation;
- On the Sametime side, you will need to deploy an IBM Sametime Gateway 8.0.2 and the HF1 hotfix: Sametime Gateway 8.0.2 Hot-Fix One (HF1) is now available.
In case of issues, you will need to open a case on both Microsoft and IBM supports.
A list of known limitations is published on the IBM website: the main one concerns the Instant Messaging which works only with 2 participants, not more.