Hyper-V administrators of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 can replicate their virtual machines from a primary server/cluster to a replica server/cluster for business continuity and disaster recovery purposes. The Capacity Planner for Hyper-V Replica provides server, storage and network provisioning guidance which would allow IT administrators to successfully plan for a Hyper-V Replica deployment.
What is New
Microsoft added in a few improvements to the tool. Here is what the updated Capacity Planner tool has:
- Support for Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in a single tool
- Support for Extended Replication
- Support for virtual disks placed on NTFS, CSVFS, and SMB shares
- Monitoring of multiple standalone hosts simultaneously
- Improved performance and scale – up to 100 VMs in parallel
- Replica site input is optional – for those still in the planning stage of a DR strategy
- Report improvements – e.g.: reporting the peak utilization of resources also
- Improved guidance in documentation
- Improved workflow and user experience
Download tool from Source.
find the tool documentation here.