Lync 2013 DDC is a simple low-level design calculator based on Excel, for a Lync 2013 Standard Edition deployment. Fill in hostnames and IP addresses, and it will calculate DNS, certificates and firewall requirements.This is an initial version covering a standardised deployment with Lync Standard Edition, and most design elements set at standard or best-practice.
It works well assuming:
- Single Lync 2013 Standard Edition server
- Single Edge server (configured in a pool to allow for easier scalability and certificate management)
- Single Office Web Apps server
- Single Reverse Proxy
- Single SIP domain
- Standard Simple URLs (meet.contoso.com, etc...)
- All standard ports, and no port range customisations
PS. A more feature-complete version for Enterprise Edition deployments is currently under deployment and will feature the ability to specify Enterprise vs. standard edition, front-end nodes, DNS LB vs. HLB, Directors, Edge pools, etc.
Download from Source.