System Center Updates Publisher is an application that enables independent software vendors or line-of-business application developers and IT administrators to import software update catalogs, create and modify software update definitions, export update definitions to catalogs, and publish software updates information to a configured update server. By using Updates Publisher to define software updates and publish them to the update server, administrators can begin detecting and deploying published updates with System Center Configuration Manager to client and server computers in their organization.
- Updates Publisher enables IT Administrators the ability to do the following:
- Import software update catalogs created by non-Microsoft organizations or from within administrators organization
- Create custom software update definitions for EXE, MSI and MSP based updates
- Export software update catalogs that can be imported by other Update Publisher consoles
- Manage (duplicate, delete, expire, publish) software update definitions
- New in System Center Updates Publisher 2011
- Improved user interface that allows better control of managing software updates
- New “Automatic” publication type that enables Updates Publisher to decide whether to publish software updates as metadata only or full content based on Configuration Manager data
- New Software Update Cleanup wizard which enables expiring of unreferenced software updates
- Ability to create Software Update Bundles
- Ability to define prerequisite updates and superseded updates as part of an software update definition
Download from Source
Install & Config Guide from Source.