Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus configures each time you start

KB Article:

Every time that you open a Microsoft Office 2010 application, such as Outlook 2010, you receive the following message:

Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.

1. Manel says:

OK for Word and Outlook but i have still the problem for Excell

2. Georges V. says:

– None of the methods did work. Maybe another problem is linked to this one "Cannot open work file Check temp environment."

– The 3 methods do not tell user wether a reboot is required or not.

– Disabling add-ins : 'Word' only or diable them in each module ??

3. GEEVEE says:

Magic. Hours spent trying suggestions from web geeks to no avail

Mr. Fixit it all in one go for all my Office 2010 Pro Plus features.

4. Why says:

I still have the problem even i use all solution in…/2528748 link.

I also use solution from…/307f5df8-6057-4324-b4ad-3ef247b0a918, but i still have my problem.

I've many time reinstall my office too.

Can you help me?

I can't do my work.

5. Never had any Microsoft Fix-it ever work says:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

6. Nate says:

Hey guys, this happened to me with 2010.  I resolved this by going to File> Options> Trust Center> Trust Center Settings> File Block Settings> Restore Defaults.  I have no idea why these settings would fix the problem, but it worked for me.  Nothing changed between seeing the settings before/after restoring defaults to this portion, so give it a close/open even though nothing looks like it's been changed.  Hope this helps, guys.

7. Paul Antal says:

I’ve been unable to work or shop for two days while my laptop is at the repair shop for a fix to the endless loop “Configuration status.” I tried the fixes provided by MS I felt competent to undertake, but none worked. Windows 7 Pro, Office 2010.

8. zia says:

Thanks It worked for me. All other forums are suggesting to add following registry

"reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice15.0WordOptions /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1"

or Disabling Windows Search Service but these solutions are not for Access 2013 problem.

Just to Uninstall Anything related to office 2010 e.g Access database engine 2010. Run C CLEANER software for removing any unwanted registries and then we are good to go.