How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 9 when the standard uninstallation process does not work

KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2579295

INTRODUCTION

You cannot uninstall or remove Windows Internet Explorer 9 from your computer by using the standard uninstallation process.

1. Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP] says:

The Fix it was removed in the MSKB article.

2. Ganesh says:

I can,t sign in my total ID's

I know my password

3. Eric Pierce says:

re: "Microsoft Fix it 50778"

After removing IE9 from Windows 7 64 bit Enterprise and rebooting, I do not see IE8 as an option in the "Features" list.

Now there is no IE at all! Can't get on the internet on the PC in question.

Looked for an IE8 download on the microsoft.com web site, but there is no IE8 download for Windows 7! The Vista version of IE8 will not install on Windows 7.

Help!

4. hopesrapp@hotmail.com says:

can you tell me how to unlock a Dell that is password protected. I bought one that does not even have to Uniter States in it as a country.

5. I've tried uninstalling Explorer 9 with the Fix-It For Me tab as well as trying the cmd.exe and pasted commands – neither works.  I've even tried to call Tech Support and got sent to India where I became so frustrated with their lack of knowledge or command of the english language….. where do I go from here?  Perhaps Apple?!?!?!

6. andres says:

INTRODUCTION

7. Donna Campbell says:

I used all the methods spoken about here…and none worked…I would like to know if I can uninstall Windows internet explorer completely and then re install the version 8 I need…

8. Oren says:

Portaldosites has hijacked my IE9 home page, I cannot uninstall IE9 or remove the hijacker by normal means, I have tried using Microsoft's Fixit and also using the CMD but to no avail can anyone Help….. Please…