Acc2010: You receive an error in Microsoft Access using the built-in wizards after installing Microsoft Office 2010 SP1

KB Article:

When using the built-in wizards in
Microsoft Office Access 2010 (64-bit) after applying Service Pack 1 (SP1), you
receive the error:

“The database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it
cannot be read. The database can be opened only if the VBA project is first
deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all code from modules, forms and
reports. You should back up your database before attempting to open the
database and delete the VBA project.”

Once you click OK on this message, you may receive any of the errors

Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.

The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt.

Microsoft Access can’t find the wizard. This wizard has not been installed,
or there is an incorrect setting in the Windows Registry, or this wizard has
been disabled.

1. RoboG says:

I still have the same issue with the wizard. After installing Office SP1 Access wizrard stoped working and the worst thing is that i dont get an error message. When I select the Excel file and click ‘Next’, the form of the wizrad disappears, Its like crushing but with no errors. I have tried;en-US;2581301 but no change at all. I could realy use your help

2. RoboG says:

…my configuration is Windows 7 (32bit) & Office 2010 SP1 (32bit)

3. Waddleberry says:

I am running Access 2010 32-bit, Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on Parallels (MacbookPro). I renamed the files to .OLD and restarted Access 2010. Access created 'new' versions of those files, however I still cannot run the wizards, so this did not fix my issue.

4. Fiona Hughes says:

Fix it ran, but when trying to rin the wizard (the linked table manager) again I got an error saying Access did not have the wizard configured. Allowing it to configure generated an error in Office config (sadly this didn't hang around long enough for me to copy it).

5. Ray Avila says:

this new hp g7 1221wm notebook pc. came with ms office but will not install &key dont work

6. PHENSEL says:

Ran some Win 7 (64bit) updates and since then, the error occurs with any .mdb file (even empty, newly created databases). The proposed fix doesnt work. Please fix this bug, as i cannot use access anymore productively.

7. GrxJn says:

Installed Access2010. Try to use the liste of choices wizard in a new table, the issue arise.
    Automatic fix or the by hand solution do not solve anything.
    Please help !