Notepad Starts With "[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%System32Shell32.dll,-21787" When You Start Your Computer

Kb Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330132

INTRODUCTION

When you start the computer, Notepad starts and one or more text documents that contain the following lines appears on the Windows desktop:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%system32shell32.dll,-21787

1. Todd Beamish says:

I had two instances of this that opened on startup. The FixIt tool killed one; I tried again and it still remained. I am now trying msconfig ==> disable desktop.ini.

2. kassas says:

j ai un broblem detelechargement de touts les jeux et video + logiciele mon PC me demanbde d instalee un fichee 0.00000008+.+.3+3.+.

3. kumar says:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%system32shell32.dll,-21787

4. FLavio says:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%system32shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%system32imageres.dll,-183

5. andrade says:

@%SystemRoot%system32shell32.dll,-21787 esse e o que o note pad escreve.

6. Aristóteles says:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%system32shell32.dll,-21787

Essa mensagem aparece todas as vezes que inicio o meu computador.

O que é e o que posso fazer?

7. sidenilson says:

sempre que ligo a maquina aparece esta janela do bloco de notas:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%system32shell32.dll,-21787

8. cenia gaspili says:

how can i delete this if this is a virus

9. joseck orina says:

I think, it is not a virus, but a program that manages folders or files. the problem may be on setting thus displays on your desktop.

to remove from your desktop, go to my computer>organize>folder and search options>view>check the hide protected operating system files>click apply>ok. and your problem is solved!!!!

for more PC issues, reach me on joseckorina@gmail.com