Unregister the mswrd632 converter

clip_image002MS09-073: Description of the security update for Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003: December 8, 2009

When a file has the ".doc" file name extension, but the content is a plain text file or another kind of file that is not a Microsoft Word binary file, and that file is opened in Microsoft Word, you may receive the following error message up to three times before Microsoft Office Word successfully opens the file:

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632

1. Lori tremaine says:

Appears to be happening now with VISTA too!!

2. Sharon McGuire says:

I don’t have a URL of my own. My laptop crashed last month and when I reinstalled Office after getting it fixed at Papa’s Computers I couldn’t open my former MS Word files…I can open new files that I have completed in the last 3 weeks.

3. Carla says:

my pdf word doc will not convert

4. H Kim says:

Same problem to me. I cannot open the file that I have worked since last night. How can I continue to…

5. odysseus says:

same problem to me ..how to fix that file?

6. odysseus says:

then how to inregister the msword632

7. lee white says:

it show that it can not Converter mswrd632 showing on some my files and i would loss the file totoally

8. Nathan says:

I am unable to print a doc because of this. Word cannot start the converter mswrd632

what is the fix for this? Without using the registry?

9. madgie says:

I'm receiving an error message that is prolific, it seems, and one person replied that she used the "fix" steps, but she also asked does this affect anything else. That's my question! I just began receiving this message after getting messed up with a new Sony Camera that appears to have a partnership between MS, Sony, and another PMB (product motion browser)a third company (Peralogic incorrect spelling here) trying to sell this browser. I'm taking the camera back if this is a proprietary software–don't tell you that before you buy the Cyber-shot. All sorts of freezing of task manager, some documents/other and had to find all the spots where the installation sent files myself and delete them after getting support from India that did not do the job. Today, I intend to get to the bottom of this. A large project evaluation document had to be "rescued", thank God, and there seems to be some problem also with getting a word document converted into a pdf email send. Does anyone know what to do about this???

10. Shari says:

Thanks I have a hundred or morefilesthat only open encrypted for this error.  If I cannot convert the files back to plain textthey are moot. 🙁  glsad i'm not the only one seeing this.

11. LASSUEUR Roger says:

Impossible de démarrer le convertisseur mswrd632

12. pcvg says:

when I open a word document file. the message appear 'word cannot start the converter mswrd632.