Allow POP3 with SSL and SPA in Outlook

clip_image002 When you send and receive e-mail messages by using a POP3 e-mail account, you receive one of the following error messages: “0x8004210A” “0x800CCC0B” or “0x8004210B”

If you use a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) e-mail account to try to send and receive e-mail messages in Microsoft Outlook 2002, you receive one of the following error messages:

• Task ‘smtp server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x8004210A): ‘The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
  • Task ‘machine.domain.xom – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC0B): ‘Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B’
  • Task ‘smtp server name – Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x8004210A): ‘The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
  • Task – Sending ‘ reported error (0x8004210B): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
  • Task Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x800CCC0B): ‘Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B’

This Fix it solution enables functionality provided by the following hotfix:

827149: Availability of the Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package: September 5, 2003

I have the same issue with outlook 2003 help please!

I need help!!!  I cannot send mail out on Microsoft Outlook.  I am getting the error 0x800ccc65.  Says my server has reported an internal error.  How can I fix this problem?

3. Maureen Winn says:

When I tried to use this ‘fix-it’ – another message popped up saying it wouldn’t work for my system????

I have office 2003 and windows XP.

Please help with error messages 4210A and 4210B

4. Abdullah says:

Hi Dave, I have the same problem reported on my PC, the operting system and Outlook is the same as Maureen Winn.

Error msg" This "Fix it" dose not apply to your system"

5. Kim Womack says:

I am getting an error message saying:

ERROR LOADING — RUNDLL — cmicnfg.cpl

Specified Module can’t be found.

When I am on someone else’s website and try to send them a message or response from their site, it shows the POP3 error message.

What "Fix It" package do I load to repair or reload the RUNDLL — cmicnfg.cpl program/software?

I would appreciate ANY guidance!

6. lashaun says:

im new to this i have been using yahoo. i have friends who got me to use win messenger which works fine and my yahoo mail good but when i go to mail in mess. it opens outlook express and i cant send or recieve it says socket error 1001 error number 0x800cccob and pop3 cant be found

7. Ken Lightburn says:

Same problem for my 2003 Outlook

8. Sandeep Lahange says:

Dear Pl. go through the link

9. Lynn Sasser says:

I tried to use the "fix it" but it did not work and said would not work on my system.  What do I do now?  Can’t send any emails, have 18 back up in my system!

10. Jack MeHoff says:

Didn’t work for me either!  So, What the Haps?

11. rosemary leader says:

tried the link below

said fix did not apply to my system

using outlook 2003 also

12. LEE Yit Long says:

Could receive email using outlook 2007 but could not send out email. Error message 4210B.

Tried fix-it, messeage appeared ït would not work for my system.

Kindly help

13. J. Garrity says:

I resolved the problem today by changing my anti-virus software to NOT scan incoming email.  Of course, the scanning of incoming email is one of the main reasons I have anti-virus software!  I’m hoping that my ISP, Verizon, from which I download to Outlook 2003, is scanning things first…

14. Bob Peck says:

Tried fix-it, messeage appeared ït would not work for my system. Running Outlook 2007 get error msg only when sending large file attachment, ~3 meg.

15. Allyson Miller says:

Error 0x8004210A  operation timed out i for response from the receiving POP server.  I tried fix it, but it would work on my system.  Hardware support said it was microsoft – microsoft said it was my virus software.  Help

16. Jen Cleary says:

I cannot recieve any e-mail need your help

17. Annie says:

At the end of this message i get :-err (in use) unable to lock maildrop.

It is drining me nuts.

My email does not outmatically download and I can click the send/recieve button 40 …50 times and then suddenly it will work.

HELP

18. Tj.B says:

Tried Fix it said does not apply to my system

Running XP Pro 2003 Outlook Please Help this is getting really old fast!

19. Mark says:

I just started having this issue with one of 3 email accounts in Outlook 2007, but only sometimes, and only with receiving.

20. Diana Dungan says:

I tried to fix error "0x8004210A the operation timed out waiting for a response from receiving POP server" but ‘fixit’ wouldn’t work with Outlook 2007.  Help.

21. Diana Dungan says:

I tried to fix error "0x8004210A the operation timed out waiting for a response from receiving POP server" but ‘fixit’ wouldn’t work with Outlook 2007.  I use Windows XP.  Help.

22. Formula kitchens cc says:

I cannot fix this problem, Please help

23. Patrick Tadeushuk says:

I have been having this problem for about a week now.  I use Outlook 2003 and the "fix" doesn’t work on my system.  Note that I only have a problem with e-mails with attachments around 2MB and over.  Messages with small attachments have no problem.  Also – THIS IS IMPORTANT – even though I get a message saying that the e-mail was not sent and the e-mail remains in my outbox, the e-mail, even with the attachment, was indeed sent MULTIPLE TIMES.  One recipient received it 140 times.  Trend Micro says my computer is clean.  Any help would be appreciated.

24. Nancy Weller says:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘pop.att.yahoo.com’, Server: ‘smtp.att.yahoo.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 965, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

MY error number ends in an E.  I am running Outlook Express 6.  Is there a Fix It for this?

25. Lois Rao says:

I get the error message 0x8004210A and cannot send receive email in Microsoft Outlook.  When I clicked on the FIX IT button, the message said that the FIX IT would not work on my system.

HELP!  Please contact me so I know what to do to FIX IT!

Lois

26. Lois Rao says:

HELP!  Please contact me so I know what to do to FIX IT!

Lois

27. jeremy says:

DITO….sames as the rest.  I get the same message.  Any chance microsoft knows how to fix this?

28. char says:

I have office 2003 and windows XP.

Please help with error message 4210B

29. Margaret Dollard says:

It is a bit silly providing a fix it that will not work with your os should one not be asked what os one is using first. Reading through the posts I notice most are using a pre 2007 version of Outlook not all though.  I am using outlook 2007 and my os is vindows vista TM Home Premium.  Tm is in superscript.

30. Chris Rhodes says:

same problem as everyone above, is there a solution?

31. Ray Leduc says:

I had the same 0x800CCC0B message when receiving mail. I have Avast anti-virus. Once in a while when the program "updates" its’ database, this glitch appears.Turn your anti-virus off, restart the computer and the problem will disappear. Good Luck!

32. Byfire says:

What is the solution? I am also is receiving the same error message reported error 0x8004210A.

33. Sharon says:

I have XP and Outlook 2003.

When I try to send a .wmv file I get

Errors: 0x8004210B, 0x800CCC0B

Outlook does not show that it was sent and it gets stuck in a send loop. The recipient gets the message/file numerous times until I am able to delete it.

Any help for this??

34. Joe LittleBear says:

I am experiencing the same as the comments I’ve read….I’m using Vista  and my server is verizon..    the hotfix says it is not compatable to my system…and I still get the Ox800 errors when I attempt to send….the  incoming works just fine….but I’m just creating a duplicate of my e-mail on Internet Explorer…

35. William says:

3 computers here have the same problem with send emails with attachemnts – using xp+outlook2003. The reciepient ends up with duplicates of the email but the sender is stuck thinking the email has not gone yet.

36. G Man (0x8004210a) error says:

Ok here goes….real simple. Won't cost a thing.

How to easily fix 0x8004210a error?

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

37. r5r4r3@AOL.COM says:

I am computer illiterate! I need help because I am very often getting the following error msg when I try to email folks.Here is the msg: POP card not to be found. POP3 account errors, Server 'POP3' protocol SMTP, Port 25, Secure (SSL), no socket error;11001 Error #0x800CC0D…I have 25 msg's not sent due to this condition…can anyone tell me (simple as possible, please) how to rectify this problem? Thank you for your time and interest!!

38. johnson says: