Microsoft Fix it Solution for Enabling User Account Control is Live!

clip_image002 How do I enable User Account Control in Windows Vista

clip_image002 Turn on User Account Control (UAC) if you’re using an older version of Windows Vista with Live Mesh

Technical details about this Microsoft Fix it solution
Name: Enable UAC
Version 1.0.0 Automates steps in KB969417 and Live Mesh Help

• Only runs on Windows Vista
  • Sets the EnableLUA DWORD value to 1 under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
  • Prompts for a reboot after completion

1. Hi George,

Thanks for submitting a comment.  The issue doesn’t appear to be addressed by the Fix it that is referenced above.

Do you have any items in the deleted folder of Outlook?

Are you alerted to any error messages?

Thanks,

-Mark

2. Tony George says:

Outlook Express 6 won’t delete messages from my inbox. Tried lookng for fixes with no luck so far.. Can you help please.

Regards

Tony George

3. BRADEN says:

I AM LOSING CONTROL WHAT EVER IT IS. IT KEEPS SHUTING THINGS DOWN. I CAN ONLY RUN IN SAFE MODE

AT THIS TIME. AND I NOTICED THAT THERE ARE TWO

DIFFERENT ADMINISTRATER ACCOUNTS

4. Maria de los Angeles Perez Mejia says:

Ihave problem whit system32.

System rool/system32/shell32.dell32

System rool/system32/shell32.dell31

5. Joan M says:

my computer cannot install updates or check for updates

6. Mark gash says:

Do not have good control of Administrator privileges,I cant update my security essentials ,cant ,update defender ,loss od update ,privilege?

7. Aaron Radford says:

When computer is turned on, there are is red "X" only where there should be a picture! How to get visual pictures back?

8. Della Prevele says:

My AOL desktop icon and the 9.6 version from the START button won't let me open AOL.  I just paid for PC Cleaner in hopes it would fix it, but did not.

Yesterday, I was able to open AOL in a round about long way around it and made another e-mail.  The one I had in the past had my tool bar all fixed

the way I liked it.  Now, AOL has a different look to it and prefer it the way it was.  I am getting the run-around.  I have to go to Internet Explorer

to even access AOL but it should open from the icons like it did before.  Any help?

9. Beverly Lee says:

it's been reported to me from Microsoft that my computer is infected with "trojans and bugs" how to I fix this?

10. Lucille R says:

I can`t get my RGB to work. Is there any way to get it to start?

11. Andre says:

Hi I have no sound. It says there is no audio output device installed. When I try to install, it says there is something attached to system which is preventing output device from being installed. Thank you