Microsoft Fix it Solution for Resetting Windows Media Player Associations Is Live!

clip_image002 Reset Windows Media Player Associations

Technical details about this Microsoft Fix it solution
Name: Reset Windows Media Player Associations
Version 1.0.0.5 Automates steps in
KB 947541.

• Blocks on any operating system except Windows Vista
  • Resets Media Player associations

Yeah, I run it and it makes my WMP work’s but my problem is still there my Windows Sync Center always stop it says "Microsoft Sync Center has stopped working" every time I connect flash drive on it. The problem caused the program to stop working correctly said "WMP stops responding after you install a third-party product that register its own version of Wmp.dll file"

Even Microsoft Sync Center always stopped working I can transfer files on my flash drive It’s just like an annoying pop-up that always appear when I connect and disconnect my Flashdrive. I did all the things what Microsoft windows problem is Saying need to be done.

I’m just annoyed it’s been like 2 months or more.

2. Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the feedback.  I’m glad to hear that the Fix it helped resolve the issue.

Thanks,

-Mark

3. Fiona Grzedzicki says:

Very good, like the fix it for me option, saves trying to remember all the steps and/or printing out the instructions.  Even better, it worked!

4. Beth says:

I ran the fix it for me…..how can I tell it fixed anything?  Do you know?  It doesn’t always happen when I open the Windows Media Center so how can I tell??  Thanks

5. enrique marin says:

quiero nabegar  ocure prablemas

6. Márcia Helena de Lima says:

Não consigo acessar a minha conta no Banco do Brasil. O banco falou que tem a ver com uma possível atualização do Fix it, feita por vocês. O que faço?

márcia

7. nathan22 says:

Any links for XP? it just says "this does not apply to your system" email me if u have eny answers or if you no how to fix it for me

msn and email is sabijac94@hotmail.com feel rree to help me out

8. nathan22 says:

msn and email is sabijac94@hotmail.com feel rree to help me out

9. nathan22 says:

msn and email is sabijac94@hotmail.com feel free to help me out

10. nathan22 says:

oo sorry i kinda crashed and it done it 3 times

11. tom says:

Thanks mate !

It fixed my broken WMP 11 on Vista, couldn’t watch videos,was only playing music.

Thanks,

Tom

12. NGUYEN THI NGOC VAN says:

Thanks for your help,

But when i fixed it, it said: "This fix it does not apply for your system".

My problem is to does not watch videos, only played music.

i look forward to hearing from you.

your faithfully,

NGoc Van

13. Giovanni says:

im not yet figure everything if is alright

14. Papimonte says:

Excellente. Removed TVAnts  and ran script.  Waooo.  Back in business.

15. Dwayne Lovegrove says:

Did not work!  I still get the usual error message that "Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

I have Windows Media Player version 11.0.6001.7004

16. alen says:

hey i did this for my media player and it still doesnt not go on!! im getting so frustrated with this right now and my cd burner wont burn because of this problem…!!!

17. Saint says:

wow its working…!

thank alot friend. what i did was run it twice and bam….work like brand new.

18. charles major says:

Ran Fixit twice to get Media Center working again. Center starts then drops out. Problem started when I installed Hauppaugge Win TV-HVR-1600.It ran ok for a day then died. I have removed the board from the PCI slot amd run a system restore to a date back of the installation. What can I do now?

19. Roscoe says:

this did not work for me every time i  go tothe libary and click on video it stops working and gives me the error message windows has stoped working any one else have any ideas

20. Gus C says:

Thanks, I ran the fix it and it work.  I appretiated all the help.

21. EDMOUND says:

THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE I GET ANY TIME I TRY TO OPEN WIDOWS MEDIA PLAYER. I TRY SYSTEM RESTORE, BUT COULDN’T GO BEYOND MAY WHILE THE PROBLEM STARTED SOMETIME IN FEBRUARY-MARCH

Problem signature:

Additional Information 1: 6ffb

Additional Information 2: 2221bc0a197a4bb7f5f3ab58dfb8220e

Additional Information 3: 4bfb

Additional Information 4: 207fb844d435fd2dc52fa2ab1e9d83c1

10Q 4 YOUR HELP

22. Daniel Hitt says:

I installed a DVDRW-SAM-SH-S202 B and now I haxe no sound.

23. Roberto says:

non sento la musica e gli audio

24. Roberto says:

non sento la musica e gli audio

25. Gwyn says:

Fix worked perfect on Vista! None of my enhancements were showing up before, now all is well!! Thanks…

26. sandi says:

media player red flags my songs and won't play them

27. Ray rsmellin@earthlink.net says:

WMP dissapared from my laptop. Can't seem to download program.

28. Gayle Bostic says:

When I play a DVD it stops 3/4's of the way into the disc. When I try to rip a CD into my Windows Media Player Library the rip stops 3/4's of the through. What is the problem?

Thank you, Gayle.

29. Gayle Bostic says:

Thank you, Gayle.

30. Roy Grantland says:

I can't get any sound from my computer or from any Vista products.  Help!!!!

grantlandr@aol.com

31. Fortun says:

I cannot use my WMP after downloading some upgrades, how do I restore to its last known good working condition?

32. Brian says:

I installed a Nero trial package and when I uninstalled Nero My Windows media player cant see the movies in the library.

33. Sergio Angel says:

We Need a fix it for all the extensions or associations like support.microsoft.com/…/950505

tnks!!!

34. Brian Bass says:

Using Dell contracted support software from "C:Program FilesiYogi Support DockiYogiSupportDock.exe"

Windows Media Player/center will not run.   There are no error messages.  Selecting Open With Windows Media Player on Properties of WMV files previously easily run by double clicking still does not result in the files running nor Media Center or Media Player launching.

Using this software from iYogi is after exahausting every avenue I can think of.

35. steve mc says:

i keep getting a message saying" broker for vista has stopped working" is this fix goimg to get my webex player working?

36. Harvey Asiseo says:

Still you did not fix my WMP problem "server execution failed"

37. Trompette says:

38. Peggy Stull pcrueystull@aol.com says:

I have no sound at all, not even when I'm on line.  Please help restore it to my default.  A pop-up tells me there is no driver for sound.