When running a Microsoft Fix it solution you may encounter an error stating a script required for the install could not be run. This error generally occurs when a security or antivirus program blocks scripts from running.
Error message details
There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
To resolve this problem, turn off script blocking in your security or antivirus program.
- McAfee AntiVirus
- Update to a newer version of McAfee AntiVirus
- Turn off ScriptStopper (PDF pg. 21)
- Symantec Norton AntiVirus
- Update to a newer version of Symantec Norton AntiVirus
- Turn off Script Blocking in Symantec Norton AntiVirus
- Turn off Script Blocking in Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2002, 2003, or 2004
If you experience this problem with another program and find a solution, please leave a comment for other users on this blog.