Register Windows Script Engine Fix it Live!

We just released another set of Fix it Knowledge Base (KB) articles. This Fix it registers the Windows Script Engine as described in the following KB articles.

963547
955105
949140
925704
905288
951272

Technical information about this Microsoft Fix it solution
Register Windows Script Engine version 1.0.2.0

• Runs on Windows XP or later, requires administrator permissions and elevation (Vista)
  • Checks to see if Vbscript.dll, Jscript.dll, Dispex.dll, Scrobj.dll, Scrrun.dll, Wshext.dll, Wshom.ocx files exist.
  • Removes VBScript and JScript registration in HKCU:
       VBScript, HKCUSOFTWAREClassesCLSID{ B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}
       JScript, HKCUSOFTWAREClassesCLSID{ F414C260-6AC0-11CF-B6D1-00AA00BBBB58}
  • Registers Vbscript.dll, Jscript.dll, Dispex.dll, Scrobj.dll, Scrrun.dll, Wshext.dll, Wshom.ocx files

Our team is in the process of cleaning up the comments if they are not directly related to a Fix it.

We do have a post (http://blogs.technet.com/fixit4me/archive/2008/11/19/welcome-to-the-fix-it-for-me-blog.aspx) where general comments can be submitted.

If you are looking for support not related to a Fix it please visit http://blogs.technet.com/fixit4me/pages/support.aspx to determine an option that works best for your scenario.

Thanks,

-brian

If you are having problems with Media Player, make sure that you are experiencing the symptoms described in this article:

If you are experiencing different symptoms (such as sound problems, problems playing CD/DVDs), then you are experiencing a different problem that is not addressed by this Fix it solution. If this applies to you, please use the "get Help Now" link for assistance with the problem.

Sarah,

The error you are seeing can occur when your sound device isn’t installed properly.  Here are instructions (for Windows Vista), for checking this…

1. Click Start

2. Type Device Manager in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

3. In Device Manager,  expand Sound, video, and game controllers.

4. If there is a speaker icon next to the sound driver, the driver is installed.

If there is a yellow question mark next to the sound driver, the driver is not present or will not load.

In the case of the yellow question mark, you can follow these steps to re-install the device:

1. Right-click the device, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall.

3. Make sure that the Delete the Driver Software for this device check box is cleared, and then click OK.

4. In Device Manager, click the Action menu, and then click Scan for hardware changes.

5. You should receive a message that says a hardware device is being installed.  If the device installs successfully, then check your sound again.

Here are some articles with more detailed steps for troubleshooting sound problems:

For Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948481

For Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307918

– Matthew

4. Lucy says:

i can not play any videos on my media player or watch trailor movies.

5. Crystal Baker says:

Every time I start Windows Media Player, It says that it has encountered a problem and needs to close, and I can not sync songs to my MP3 player. I have tried o reinstall it but I just can’t seem to fix it.

Crystal

6. Chris says:

Every time I try to play a video media player 11 crashes

7. WEndy Sandy says:

Every time I try to Windows Media Player it tells me that it is firewalls or there is an overload.

8. ghislaine nelson says:

i have an apple computer , but I downloaded home edition xp, it has work properly for many years, but recently ( about  a week ) I cannot get any sound, but when I go to my apple section the sound works good, So what is the problem ???

9. quentin mcduffie says:

problem and solution says wrong version of media player installed

10. Howard Jones says:

Every time I try to play windows media all I get is the audio but no video.

11. Justin Wang says:

I have the same problem as Crystal. As soon as I start up WMP11, I get a system error message

12. justin says:

I have the same problem as Crystal Baker. My Windows Media Player won’t start

13. terry says:

my Media player plays with sound though I have no picture

14. RENAE0000012 says:

I CAN NOT GET RID OD THIS ERROR -ERROR OCCURRED CREATING THE AOL COMPANION SCRIPT ENGINE (8000-4005)

15. tom says:

windows updated system to media 11, it plays with sound though no picture. . plus i tried to remove program it wont allow me to do that also!

16. justin says:

Alright…I’ve tried reinstalling WMP11 and usintg the unable to open Fix It, but WMP11 still will not open. The error message keeps returning. I think it’s because of the aoe skin I downloaded.

17. joan says:

hopefully, it will now work.  I know it’s old and yes, I should update it but don’t use it often enough to update it in to ecomony!

18. justin says:

Nevermind. It works now, don’t worry about it or anything.

19. Mat says:

i have bought a laptop with windows xp on it i have used i for 30 days. but now i have to activate windows i have entered the product key on my coa label (aka certificate of authentication) but it wont accept the key.i accepted the key on the set up. so now i cant even go on my desk top.

i need help thanks,

matt

20. Sharon says:

When trying to read my e-mail

an error message

"object doe not support thi(letter not workin) property or method."

2-all letter do Not work on keyboard."

3-mesage windows untable(broken letter)

4-trouble downloading hotmail URL

5-Can not click on new TrenD micrO ecurity(letter broken) that I purchae on line with activation coDe in e-mail

Pleae pleae help me!!!!

()haron

21. Brenda says:

I cannot access IE at all.  When I try to access Internet Explorer, It attempts to load, then I ge an error message.  I am frustrated with this.

22. Tim says:

RE: kb925704

"Fix it now" is being worked on.

I tried the manual fix for XP Windows Media Player:

Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.

Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.

This works when I am logged in as user.  When the other user on the system is logged in both commands always return:

DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll failed.

Return code was: 0x80004005

DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll failed.

Return code was: 0x80004005

WMP will not start for that user.  I think this started after I upgraded to Version 11.

If I reinstall XP, will this solve the problem?

23. Jessianni says:

Media Center displays a error message -"application generated exception Process

=0xcc(294)

thread id=0x980(2432)

unable to use Media Center.

24. Jessianni says:

Media Center displays a error message -"application generated exception Process

=0xcc(294)

thread id=0x980(2432)

unable to use Media Center.

25. Ninabanana says:

i cannot play my DVD’s anymore.

26. aundrea oakley says:

I cannot play dvds on my pc anymore. It sounds like it is spinning but never plays or send info to my screen. I was told my player or dvd-rom  may have stopped working. Is there any way I can see if the dvd-rom will never work anymore?

27. michelle froewiss says:

My lack of sound error sad that my audio is being used someplace else and I must repair it.

How can I find where this is?

28. Renee says:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

29. sarah says:

everytime i try to play music it says that i dont have the sound device or w/e installed!

30. sarah says:

this is wat it said i kinda didnt understand it and im 13!

31. Frank Castro says:

My cd player does not read cd.

32. christel says:

when i try to open media player 11 i get a message that says application or dll c:windowssystem32wmp.dll is not a valid windows image…….im at my wits end…….can you help??

33. Martin says:

damn Morgan keeps pop in up to buy a driver program.

34. CAL4 says:

I can play movies (dvd’s) but when I try to play audio it starts but then say it cant read the cd and that it my be drirt but my wife can play it on hers with no troble

35. cathy says:

WELL EVERY THING THAT I DOWNLOAD FROM MICROSOFT SITE,WILL NOT FULLY DOWNLOAD OR IT WON’T WORK. NOW I HAD SOUNDS BEFORE ALL OF THESE DOWNLOADS. NOW HOW TO CONFIGURE OR S

SHOULD I UNISTALL ALL THE PROGRAMS.?

36. Wayne says:

my cd dvd are not playing.can u help me retreve that hotfix for sp3 windows xp

37. Loretta says:

I can’t install WMP 11 as I just get an error message saying it’s not compatible.  (I’m using XP Professional SP3.) I tried rolling back but now I just get a message saying that WMP isn’t installed properly but it won’t install from the Microsoft site.  It’s driving me crazy.  Any ideas?  Thanks

38. kyle` says:

there is icon and i can’t pull it up

39. Gary Burnheimer says:

Can’t run Media Player with my emails. Error Code: C00D1199

40. Sheila Gordon says:

I can not play DVD’s. What can I do?

41. ramon says:

i delete songs frm WMP after that i can’t open anymore my WMP.what can i do?

42. Cheryl Diggs says:

I  have been having problems every since I donwloaded vista i have seen all the good things that vista is suppose to do ut my system did the opposite these are some of things i can’t do and I would like reapiared

I am not able to text,twitter,skype,or look at Utube or some of my picture DVD I am no longer able to watch.I

43. HenryCousins says:

euer since I installed explorer8 I have had trouble with getting to web pages

44. Satan says:

I don’t know why?I can’t play DVD in windows media player 11?What can I do/

45. Henry says:

WMP11 wont play all streaming videos online. I have IE8, some things will play while others wont

46. JAMES L. GIBSON says:

so i thought maybe fix it would work on it also.  jim

47. Tracey tilley says:

Everytime I open  up a window it comes up with library not registered. I am using vista.

48. Deb says:

thank you thank you thank you. finally i can see the websites videos and run xscripts! 🙂

49. Kori c. says:

whenever I try to play videos from my digital camera, it gives an error message every time & no version will allow me to play it, though we’ve played videos for 2 yrs on this computer (it crashed & was reprogrammed or rebuilt & hasn’t been able to play videos ever since)

50. Rakesh says:

It works like

enable disabled device

currect some reading writing problem

delete upper lower filter for dvd

not work if filters are not there

cannot work if dvd not present

cannot stop driver conflict

cannot show atap sys. problem

…………………………..

most of the time mother board driver can create conflict

…………………….

It does not tell about group policy since some time it is able to force that dvd to appear

……………………………….

disable imat can bring back the dvd

…………………………..

Now I mostly tried many of the solutions.

If usb plug in (where you add usb drive of floppy or mouse ) is broken,

May create this dvd etc hardware not detected problem.

………………………………….

WHAT TO DO BEFORE APPLYING YOUR FIXs.

……………………………….

Hardware not detected is related to which driver problem.?

thanks in advance.

Vistalover2008@hotmail.com

51. Rakesh says:

One more thing I want my dvd back to use recovery dvd.

52. Mahesh Adate says:

The comments given above all are just a bullshit

Why because the header says "Register Windows Script Engine Fix it Live!

but

the comments are hay ware…

53. xiaochen says:

Looking for sitLos Angeleses about: http://www.jersey-nba.com.  It’s written by shen206@hotmail.com on. Replay me!

54. xiaochen says:

55. tpmzubair says:

how to fix runtime error 2147467259(8000 4005)