Disable Simple File Sharing Fix it Live!

We just released another Fix it Knowledge Base (KB) article. This Fix it disables Simple File Sharing as described in KB 307874.

1. Edgar says:

files keep moving and drivers keep dye on me.

2. joseph says:

So what exactly am i supposed to do if i have windows xp home edition? All of my kids baby pictures are now inaccessible because of an xp reinstall?

3. jimc says:

Did this on a XP Pro box, but still do not have complete access to files from a Vista box even after setting everyone to full control. Obviously full control doesn’t mean full control. Why can’t there be a little program that I can run on the vista box that says "as the current user, here’s what you can do to this file/folder/etc and here’s what you cannot do." I’m working with the vendor of the s/w and their environment works just fine. Typical…

4. davemari@rock.com says:

love it .thankyou very much for this wonderfull time saver

5. kshii says:

Did a complete restore and now cannot access many files, including some VALUABLE pictures.  This and other procedures recommended thru HP HELP have not solved the problem as of now…  I have hope…  Anyone else having the problem or cure??

6. mdy says:

If I cant disable Simple file sharing on Windows xp home edition, then can anyone tell me how to get rid of this "access denied" error!

Its frustrating I cant access my files.

7. Simon Chege says:

The problem I am having is a bit complex, I don`t think Disable Simple File Sharing will fix it. This is the message I am receiving ‘sharing violation occurred while accessing C:DOCUME~1ALOCALS~1tempbtidtemp140.ini.’. Any help will be appreciated.

8. Simon Chege says:

9. Jeff25 says:

Doesn’t work … lousy software.

10. John says:

I have Vista Home Premium 64 when I try this fix I get a message that this doesn’t to my system. Need help!

John

11. Mike SToddard says:

I have tried every of your instructions, and nothing works to share the folder where Windows LiveCare is on an external drive.

I am running XP Home, though this HP computer was supposed to be XP professional. In my operating system (whether Pro of Home, when I go to Control Panel, there is no option beginning"Performance… I hope that this gives you some clue as to which version of XP I have. I have Service Pack 3 on the hard drive.

Mike

12. Samar says:

Fix it did not work. It says Fix it does not apply to your system. How do I go about? please post.

13. RenieTiffin says:

I am trying to get access to My Documents.  I know I have gotten into the Advanced settings, which I should not have because of lack of knowledge.  Can anyone help me open My Documents?  Thanks in advance.

14. RenieTiffin says: