Disable TCP auto-tuning Fix it Live!

We just released another Fix it. This Fix it disables TCP auto-tuning and is available in the following Knowledge Base articles.

932170
934430
935400
947239
947773
951291

Hey Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. The Fix it disables TCP auto-tuning by running the "netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled" command. That command is what is called out in each of the articles. The reason for this is having TCP auto-tuning enabled results in multiple symptoms which are individually described in each of the articles.

Thanks,

-brian

2. Rob says:

Hm, which one should we use?  Are the Fix it downloads all the same in each of these?  They look similar but not identical…

It would be nice to have direct links to the Fit its in these posts.

3. Omar says:

Hi, i had a client with a vista laptop that did not connect to file server then when i tried the autofix me and i ran it , things worked

4. Gary says:

When I initiate windows outlook express 6, I have windows XP by the way. It goes to the email where the heading reads, "Inbox-Outlook Express-Main Idenitity-Backup, then after about a minute on click on the max button, then it goes (Non-Responsive) where it stays and does not work. It just locks itself in and that’s basically it. This started about 2 to 3 days ago and it will not click in.

Thank you, for any suggestions.

5. Jackie H. says:

I clicked fix it for me and it came back and said this did not apply for me. I am running Windows XP. After loading file of pic. I click send and it says , the host (SMTP) could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly . Account : (POP3), Server: (SMPT), Protocol : SMTP, Port 25, Secure[SSL]: 0x800CCC0D

6. Jackie H. says:

So does anyone out there know what i should do? If so could you please e-mail me at jackie_3181958@yahoo.com Thank You Ever So Much

7. mr bernard e connell says:

i cannot use outlook express 6.  i think there are in and out e-mails locked in there and an error pop up page appears with 3 complicated reasons why my contents is irretrievable.  i am a 70 year old pensioner and can ill afford to pay for pricey telephone calls or worse for the services of a call-out engineer.

8. michelle says:

i have a lot of problems wit my lab top

9. Renato S says:

I have Vista and MS Office 2007, and I tried the TCP Auto-tuning fix – It did not work, then I tried manually – it did not work either, now I cannot send emails since changing AT&T servers to smtp.att.yahoo.com

10. Debra McDonald says:

I really don’t understand so I will need your help.

11. OLGA says:

RUNNING OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 ON WINDOWS XP.

I HAVE GREAT DIFFICULTY IN RECEIVING LONG EMAILS. THE SYSTEM TIMES OUT OR IT TAKES FOREVER TO DOWNLOAD. THIS IS FOR EVEN A MESSAGE OF SAY 209KB. ANY SUGGESTIONS HOW TO REMEDY THIS.

ALSO, IT TAKES AN AGE TO DOWNLOAD FROM MICROSOFT TO INTERNET EXPLORER – IT SAYS IT SHOULD TAKE ONLY A MINUTE BUT ENDS UP TAKING 4 HOURS AND THEN TIME OUTS.

PLEASE SUGGEST WAYS TO FIX.

12. Sarah Munro says:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: ‘sarah@sarahmunro.com’, Server: ‘mail.sarahmunro.com’, Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I am not able to send any emails. I tried the "Fix it" and it didn’t work!

13. Ron says:

I cannot send nor receive emails using POP3 nor POP1 and I have Fix it for me and cannot get it fixed WHY?

14. Jane Foley says:

Cannot send or receive any emails. Have 2 messages that have come in that are duplicated 31 times. Errror msgs, server not available.. Have 131 pending messages in my in box, unable to read… VERY FRUSTRATED!!!! Help me someone!!!! ASAP…. PLEASE!!!

15. Bing says:

Have duplicated messages received.  Not responding messages when opening email. Lots of un pending messages in my inbox but unable to read

I,m really very frustrated.  Please help me. I,m a novice to this procedure.  By the way, I upgraded my Microsoft Word 2003 to MS Word 2007 Ultimate.  Can someone help me please

16. Barbara A Dieter says:

I cannot receive e-mails after running this disable TCP auto-tuning fix-it live. Please send me directions to fix it.  Thank you.

17. Peter Than says:

Vista – Outlook 2007 !!! Really gave me hell of problem.

18. Dorothy says:

My emails don’t want to come in as in the past. Maybe several up to ten-fifteen will dribble in. They then hang. Can’t stay with computer for hours in waiting on some emails that may never download. When connection is necessary, they start from the beginning all over again. Again, hours wasted. Please help resolve this problem.

19. Gendou says:

I ran the Fix It, as well as tried to run the command line commands.

The change won’t go through.  It just stays at:

Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level: highlyrestricted