Enable WinHlp Macros Fix it Live!

We just released another Fix it Knowledge Base (KB) article. This Fix it enables macros in WinHlp32 as described in KB 917607.

Hello Cy,

The downloads for winhlp32.exe are available in KB 917607 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607) in the Resolution section.

To obtain the WinHlp32.exe download for Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Thanks,

-brian

Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to send a comment.

Your symptom description does not appear to be the issue addressed by this Fix it.

If you need immediate assistance please feel free to use the "Get Help Now" link in the top right corner of every Microsoft KB article. From this link you may choose the support option that works best for you.

Sincerely,

/Steve

Greetings Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to send a comment.

If the Fix it ran but didn’t resolve your issue please ensure you having the

same issue that is described in Knowledge Base article 917607

(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917607)? The Fix it is only designed to

resolve the issue described in 917607 so if you are having a different issue

the Fix it won’t resolve it.

Your symptom description does not appear to be the issue addressed by this

Fix it. Based on your report I suggest you use the "Get Help Now"

link in the top right corner of every Microsoft KB article.

Regards,

/Steve

Hello Peter,

Please understand that winhlp32.exe only allows you to read help files that require winhlp32.exe.

Thanks,

-brian

Help :

OS Vista Edition Familiale Premium

Systeme 32 bits

I am using a software Qwicken which requires winhlp32.exe

I have downloaded the appropriate add on on microsoft site ref :

ws6.0-KB917607-x64-winhelp32-windowsvista.msu

When I try to launch this add on, systeme states that "la mise à jour ne s’applique pas à votre system" = the update is not appropriate for your system"

For safety reason, up to now I did not try to change the registry with regedit. as mentioned in the comments

Do you have a solution ?

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with Vista.

I do want to call out that the issues you have described do not appear to be directly related to the Enable WinHlp Macros Fix It that you’ve commented on.

However, I would like to provide a few suggestions in regards to the other concerns you’ve noted:

1) If you have an older version of Adobe you might need an update or a newer version depending on if your version was designed to work with Windows Vista.

2) Adobe has a replacement media option that you could research in obtaining replacement CDs for any Adobe software that came pre-installed or may be miss-placed. http://www.adobe.com/support/service/replacemedia.html Again I would first check to ensure that the version of Adobe software you are referencing is compatible with Vista.

3) Ensure that your printer is supported by Windows Vista by reviewing the HCL here > http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductList.aspx?m=v&cid=900&g=d

Best wishes,

-Tommy

Walter,

Did you install te appropriate help file from the KB article you mentioned? That installs the program needed to read the help file format.

/Steve

Hello Brenda,

Are you having issues with not being able to use an applications help file? Our Fix it only enables Macros for WinHlp32.

Thanks,

-brian

9. ruth cole says:

i went from a windows 98 to vista,,gateway….I cannot  use  my printer  to copy my documents…they say it does not support it..I lost my adobe  program that was very exopensive…I need this fixed…98′ was a much much better  rogram than vista and sorry I got it….

10. paul duvall says:

i cannot instal my printer with windows vista i have a lexmam 730 what do i do now?

11. Bob Cappiello says:

I’m a new computerm user and I have lost the ability to reach and read my emails. Al attempts to do so get me into Microsoft office program (I think) I have Vista business server.

12. Walter says:

I have an older version of Punch Professional Home Design from Windows 2000  that I installed on my new computer and Vista can’t read the help files.  I’ve downloaded windows6.0kb917607-x64.msu and -x86.msu as requested and it still doesn’t work. Please help

13. peter says:

How can I install winhlp32.exe to enable me to use my flight sim 98 pro?I downloaded from the microsoft site but it won’t install on my machine ( Vista ). Any help would be appreciated

14. Peter says:

Thanks Brian. I’ll give it a try and let you know the result.

Cheers

Peter

15. Cy says:

Vista…  am trying to put in a new font for my E-mails (Vivaldi Italic, which is in the PC under Fonts), but it just won’t happen.  I tried the "Fix it for me" (cause I’m a beginner with all PC’s and most explanations R Greek to me).  It’s sez: it won’t work because Vista needs WinHlp32 Macros, but it won’t install.  Is it Vista/me or both?  Thanks, Cy

16. BRENDA says:

AM TRYING TO US MY PED TO OPEN MY EMBROIDERY FILES AND VISTA WON`T LET ME . WHAT DO I DO?????????????????? CATTLEQUEEN57@YAHOO.COMI`M READY TO THROW VISTA OUT THE WINDOW

17. Cy says:

Cy was wondering if anyone was home?

18. agniesia says:

mam bałagan w kompie i potrzebuje WinHlp32.

19. kick770 says:

thanks for try’n got win xp ?2 3 some thing windows live one care some times then some times not, had outlook some thing and express but they dont know each other some times then they do, but! got office some thing.. done but with errors on page, and ie7 want’s to know who u r cuase it blocking some of your url’s, on go’n msn does not know windows live or microsoft does not know office studans, cornfus’n

have not got silverlight too load other than the got have it and now see a little box on bottom load enable winhlp3 which i well try now, wish me luck be’n cornfused is not easy kick770

20. falcon4 says:

Останется ли в Windows 7 поддержка .HLP (хотябы как в висте с отдельным скачиванием)? И если да, то как скоро можно будет скачать сабж?

21. Darline Dupre says:

My photo imaging software is good for windows 98,2000,Me & xp. You saying iI can’t use it. I tried to read what you said but I can’t make heads or tails of it.Are my pictures lose in my camera for ever or can you run a program to help.

22. Bob Canady says:

I am now unable to upload my Palm One Tungsten E2 files to my laptop running Vista.  I uploaded data in January 09 with no difficulty. I can’t seem to find any solution. Can you assist?

Thanks

Bob

23. Akinjide says:

I need ur help.Window Help & Support for my computer has stopped responding.what can i do.thanks

24. sunny says:

i can not save the type of bmp picture.can you help me?

25. sunny says:

i can not save the type of bmp picture.can you help me?

26. Lou Clay says:

How can I get rid of xps on my Vista Computer. It keeps me from printing documents from "MY DOCUMENTS".

27. Lou Clay says:

How can I get rid of xps on mmy Vista computer? It keeps me from printing from ‘MY DOCUMENTS’.

28. Lou Clay says:

How to get rid of xps on my Vista computer?  It keeps me from print documents from "MY DOCUMENTS".

29. Kosenkov Anton says:

Good day. I’m sorry, for windows 7 RC1 may work WinHlp?

30. ali ali says:

it says this fix it for me doesn’t work for your system while i have genuine windows vista.iam the first buyer of this laptop tablet pc from Fry’s Electronics in San Jose,CALIFORNIA.

TELL ME A WAY WHERE I CAN GET THE Windows Hlp32

31. eric freedman says:

to complicated for an old boy like me

i just want to print a two page letter

having had ssevere stroke recently i ah havig great difficulty in typing, the hewlett packard computer i had for over eleven years was most satisfactory

32. Rene Bravo says: