Microsoft Streets & Trips Construction Download Fix it Live!

We just released our third Fix it Knowledge Base (KB) article. This Fix it enables construction information downloads for Microsoft Streets & Trips 2008 as described in KB 958844.

Keep an eye out for more Fix it articles in the near future.

Hi Carl,

How did you try and find the fix for this problem?  What did you try and search on?  Where did you expect to find the fix?

Thanks,

John

Hello JR,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I am really glad that the Fix it was able to resolve your construction information download issue.

Thanks,

-brian

3. D. Dillon says:

The S&T fix was successful.  It is disappointing that MSFT took so many months to fix this problem, and that MSFT telephone technical support was so very ineffective in past attempts to solve the problem.

4. Jim S says:

Nothing but trouble with construction site updates, GPS problems, lousy tech support. I needed this software because the data I needed to set up routes is sent in EXCEL. Delorme now allows import of route data via EXCEL and rarely if ever causes problems. My new Delorme software is on the way.

5. Brian says:

Hey Jim S,

Thanks for taking the time to post a comment on the blog. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with Microsoft Streets & Trips.

-brian

6. J R says:

I already had a working copy of Streets and Trips but bought a new one to have updated maps. S&T 2008 has been NOTHING but TROUBLE to install and use. It disabled my working copy instantly, but would not work without me researching and installing 10 other fixes.  Whatever happened to building software that would just WORK when you installed it?  The inability to get construction info is just one more mess on the road of trying to use this software. In trying to make all your software do EVERYTHING, Microsoft keeps losing the basics – e.g., being able to open up and read a map.

With the Fix-it update, I can finally get construction info, so at least your team is helping clean up the mess. Could you work with the developers so they could actually deliver software that works in the first place?

——– JR

7. Ron says:

Worked nicely. However it’s a shame I had to find out about it by reading "CNET News".  Now if you’d fix the Expression Web 2.0 publishing issues.

8. M. Hare says:

It took me a while to realize that I had a problem with my Streets and trips program and not a problem with the "mappoint web service". The fixit program works great!.

9. Carl T. says:

This is the third attempt to fix this issue. I have downloaded the file and replaced the old, manually changed the registry, both of which were not a lasting solution. This "Fix It" has repaired the problem for now. This fix it solution needs to be more easily found when searching for help on this issue.

Thanks for the repair.

10. Lowell Shatraw says:

I would expect Microsoft to have the ability to FIX anything in the program without having to go thru all this gyration.  You don’t even have a UPDATE in the HELP drop down from the menu. (Although you have an update SO YOU CAN GET MORE MONEY.)

Then I VISIT THE BLOG (MY FIRST BLOG EVER) TO SEE WHAT MIGHT BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER INFORMATION AND IT SEEMS TO ALL BE ABOUT YOUR ISSUE TO DOWNLOAD THE fix FOR UPDATING CONSTRUCTION.   Apparently, there are no other issues with this product????!!!!

11. Borden Bleich says:

purchased streets and trips 2008 can setup maps but pocket pc has the gps and can not make it install as software to use the gps on phone have AudioVox ppc6600 pocket pc 2003 se on phone and desktop has Vista 64bit

12. Barbara says:

MS & Trips quit working. Tried reloading but it still won’t work.  Have Vista 64 bit and just downloaded Adobe 8 to open up scans. After the download, MS & Trips quit working.  Any suggestions?

13. Jim W. says:

Had all sorts of problems with construction update until I found Fix It Live. Ran it and all is working as it should. Great way to fix it but wish it could have been done sooner as problem has been going on since last year.

14. Steve says:

The Fix It worked great.  It would be helpful if you would add a link to the Fix It from KB article that you can manually download and install the construction update for Streets and Trips 2008. Not a lot of help if you have a fix but you cannot get it to your user base. I had to find this in the support section for Streets and Trips 2009.

15. Joe says:

I have just bought a new 64 bit vista computer can I use my 2008 S&T?  It said I needed 64 bit version where can I get it … I don’t have the GPS version just the less expensive version for the computer.

16. Rick says:

Im glad somebody fixed the problem, I have downloaded the trial version of S&T 09 and DO NOT like it at all!!!!

17. lisa says:

any fix it for S&T 2005construction up dates?

18. donald Girard says:

trouble loading–2010  streets & trips

19. Jim B says:

This site is GREAT, keep it up!! Good work guys and gals

20. Cheryl Seigel says:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; SearchToolbar 1.2; BTRS26718; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; BRI/1; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 04:57:28 UTC

Message: A security problem occurred.

Line: 26

Char: 398

Code: 0

URI: feedjit.com/map

Message: A security problem occurred.

Line: 3

Char: 10822

Code: 0

URI: analytics.live.com/…/msAnalytics.js

Message: A security problem occurred.

Line: 3

Char: 10822

Code: 0

URI: analytics.live.com/…/msAnalytics.js

21. phill griggs says:

i bought my new 2010 microsoft streets and trip last month (jan) at office depot.  when i try to load it on my computer i get a error code 0xc004d301.  i hace a dell e512. i have tried the clean install 4 times now and still can not load.

22. kamelseyedadnani says:

I RUNNING ALL ITEM TO FIXED INTERNET EXPLORER WHIT MICROSOFT EXES SO THAT HELP TO FIXED PROBLEM IN RUN INTERNET EXPLORER?

23. Fernando A Rocha says:

Thanks…Would like to see more free updates for my Microsoft Streets 2008.

24. n.khan says:

thank you so much for fixing s&t took ages to find at least some one out there know's what they are doing.

25. Brad says:

Anyone know how ot auto fill stop times in Streets and Trips Please

26. Keith Murphy says:

I have dealt with this issue before and now seem to have exactly the same problem with S&T 2013. I have the message: "Construction information for your route is out of date. Click this line to update."
    After clicking on that line and then clicking on "Yes" in the following pop-up a window appears and it would seem that S&T is downloading the latest info. A pop-up window then appears that says "The most up-to-date construction information for routes has been
    downloaded successfully."
    After clicking "OK" everything returns to normal but the "Construction information for your route is out of date…." still remains!