We are excited today to announce the release of the Data Classification Toolkit for Windows Server 2012 R2! The Data Classification Toolkit for Windows 2012 R2 is designed to help you to:
- Identify, classify, and protect data on file servers in your private cloud.
- Provide support for deployments of Windows Server 2012 R2, as well as for mixed deployments of Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- Easily configure default Central Access Policy across multiple servers.
- Build and deploy policies to protect critical information in a cost-effective manner.
In this release, we have enabled support for Windows Server 2012 R2 (in addition to supporting Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1) and fixed a number of bugs:
- The ‘Import’ and ‘Deploy’ pathways through the GUI have been updated to behave the same as Import-FileClassificationPackage: if a given baseline provides configuration for RMS tasks, these are used by default.
- Downleveling between versions of Windows Server has been improved and expanded to take in to account differences between Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2012/2008 R2.
- The toolkit’s SCOM query has been updated to automatically use the management pack for Windows Server 2012 R2 FSRM.
- The provided query for querying the Microsoft Assessment and Planning toolkit has been updated to account for the change in schema in version 8/9.
Streamline your data compliance efforts. The toolkit provides support for configuring data compliance on file servers running Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 to help automate the file classification process, and make file management more efficient in your organization.
Simplify your central access policy configuration experience. The latest version of the toolkit allows you to provision and standardize central access policy across a forest and apply default access policies on your private cloud file servers. The toolkit also provides tools to provision user and device claim values based on Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) resources to help simplify configuring Dynamic Access Control. You can also easily track and report existing Central Access Policy on file shares.
Manage File Classification like a Pro. The toolkit offers a GUI and Windows PowerShell cmdlets to help you configure, update, and monitor your deployments of Windows Server’s File Classification Infrastructure the way you want!
Use the Data Classification Toolkit to help your organization successfully plan and maintain data classification programs in these critical areas:
- Identifying applicable IT GRC sensitive documents.
- Defining the corresponding classification and protection policies.
- Encrypting sensitive documents to protected them from unauthorized breaches.
- Preserving evidence that demonstrates the implementation of effective controls.